Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for Abs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Question for Abs

    Absolutely! do you eat Marmite? From what I hear, it is a good source of vitamins and might be worthy of stashing with the emergency foods. How do you prefer to consume it? On crackers with butter sounds good to me.
    Give a man a match, & he'll be warm for 20 seconds. But toss that man a white phosphorus grenade and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

    #2
    I've typed out several posts and then deleted them already this morning. I think I'll just get offline before I hear on the news that some enraged kiwi just came thru Charlotte Douglas airport and is driving a rental car north on I-85 in search of some jackass who pissed her off on the interwebs.


    Comment


      #3
      You seem intent on annoying her. Reminds me of the guy tugging the little girls pigtails.


      (50 yr old perv on a bus. We beat his ass.)
      Go Space Force!!!

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Mayaca View Post

        (50 yr old perv on a bus. We beat his ass.)
        I'm betting it looked something like this.


        Comment


          #5
          I'd let Zoe Dechannel beat on me anytime she wants. Her sister Emily too.
          https://csagovernment.org/index.html

          http://deovindice.org/

          http://dixienet.org/

          http://leagueofthesouth.com/

          Comment


            #6
            This wasn't a jab at her. Marmite is a sandwich spread that was used in soldier's rations. It is supposed to taste good with butter or cheese on toast or crackers. It is so high in vitamins it was used to prevent beri-beri. You try to ask a serious question around here and some of you go daft. BTW, the reason I asked Abs is the New Zealand version is supposed to be very popular because of the milder taste compared to the British.
            Give a man a match, & he'll be warm for 20 seconds. But toss that man a white phosphorus grenade and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by bladesmith View Post
              Absolutely! do you eat Marmite? From what I hear, it is a good source of vitamins and might be worthy of stashing with the emergency foods. How do you prefer to consume it? On crackers with butter sounds good to me.
              Hi Bladesmith,

              Marmite is the goop they get out of the beer making process, and in fact people have historically eaten the muck from beer making, used it to raise their bread, all those sorts of things. The strong flavour is salty and kind of meaty. It tastes very similar to cubed beef stock. it's very high in b-complex vitamins and exceedingly good for you.

              There's a cultural ...thingy... here regarding marmite in that some don't eat it, they eat vegemite. Vegemite is both stronger and sweeter than marmite and comes from Sanitarium, an Australian company, so eating vegemite is a clear act of purest treason against the motherland.

              EG my sister eats vegemite, but I eat marmite. This has caused a rift that is still there today...

              As to how: it's a strong thing, tangy and you eat it sparingly. Like anchovy paste, it only works in small quantities although the more butter or cheese is involved, the more marmite you can apply and have it be okay. So the correct application would be like this:



              you would never put more on your toast than that unless you were winding up a foreigner in which case this is how you would make it for them:



              it's great on mousetraps which I think are called 'grilled cheese' in the US (a name that stumped me for years till I realised it was short for grilled cheese on toast.) But you'd never put it on a mousetrap you were also going to make with tomato relish or picalilli.

              Another great way to eat it is in white bread sandwiches with butter. Opening that sandwich and applying chippies is another historic way to eat it (salt & vinegar flavour preferred).



              So yeah it's a good thing to have in preps but if you don't eat it now you won't eat it later.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Woods Devil View Post
                I've typed out several posts and then deleted them already this morning. I think I'll just get offline before I hear on the news that some enraged kiwi just came thru Charlotte Douglas airport and is driving a rental car north on I-85 in search of some jackass who pissed her off on the interwebs.


                now why would I assume that he was being rude? it's a legitimate question. Clearly a topic that fascinates you all.

                Now for someone to ask me how to cook a mutton bird.

                Comment


                  #9
                  I'll pass.......................but then again I'm always open to trying new food.

                  Screw diplomacy...........bring it!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by rokitman View Post
                    I'll pass.......................but then again I'm always open to trying new food.

                    I think that needs either sriracha or sweet n sour. And a nice heady porter!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Absolutely! View Post

                      now why would I assume that he was being rude? it's a legitimate question. Clearly a topic that fascinates you all.

                      Now for someone to ask me how to cook a mutton bird.

                      I greatly enjoy your posts and chatting with you Abs.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Woods Devil View Post

                        I'm betting it looked something like this.


                        You weren't so cocky when we were beating your ass, but yes. that is how I remember it too.
                        Go Space Force!!!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Abs PMed me months ago to apologize if she was being to hard when everybody was arguing in a thread. I told her that I loved it and she could take all the pokes at me she wanted. I disagree with her often but enjoy her posts anyway.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Woods Devil View Post
                            Abs PMed me months ago to apologize if she was being to hard when everybody was arguing in a thread. I told her that I loved it and she could take all the pokes at me she wanted. I disagree with her often but enjoy her posts anyway.
                            abs is da bomb...know shit!

                            Absolutely!
                            "Virtute et armis"

                            Girls play with dolls. Men play with dead animals

                            https://www.uso.org

                            Islam is right about women

                            sde: Because it was trolling and by damn God, that's what we fucking do here. Always have, always will

                            #learn2code

                            Epstein didn't kill himself & neither did Qassem Soleimani

                            Eric Ciaramella is the whistle blower

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Thank you Abs. I'm going to order some from Amazon for a taste test.
                              Give a man a match, & he'll be warm for 20 seconds. But toss that man a white phosphorus grenade and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X