US appeals court upholds "SAFE Act"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US appeals court upholds "SAFE Act"

NEW YORK (AP) — Gun control laws passed in New York and Connecticut to ban possession of semi-automatic weapons and large-capacity magazines after the 2012 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School were mostly upheld Monday by a federal appeals court

For those interested.
    New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said he was pleased by the ruling.
    This sig didn't cost me any money.

10 characters
    Last edited by Sock; 01-03-2016, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock View Post
      The people of the state elect the lawmakers. I don't feel sorry for them in the least.

Just another reason for people to leave NY.

As in many states, the large population centers carry the vote. The less populated rural areas have very little sway.

This is a problem that must be dealt with if we are to carry on as a free country.
      I don't know.

Comment

10 characters
        Last edited by Sock; 01-03-2016, 04:16 AM.

Comment

I am already aware that NYC controls the state's political machine.

New York is now the 4th most populated state in the union, and continuing to slide. It's down 18 congressional seats since 1953.

Let NY keep doing what it keeps doing, and in 50 years will become as significant in the political process as Rhode Island.

If a person's vote doesn't count to maintain a republic in NY, then people will vote with their feet, just as I did 15 years ago.
          Then states still continue to be ceded to those less interested in freedom than in stuff or power.
          I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by gamgee View Post

Then states still continue to be ceded to those less interested in freedom than in stuff or power.
            who are you and what have you done with gamgee?
            Go Space Force!!!

Comment

10 characters
              Last edited by Sock; 01-03-2016, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Agreed. Though it will cede their power at the national level with less seats in Congress, and less electoral votes for the Presidency.

Less representation in Washington, means less money flowing into the state from Washington. They'll be forced to raise their taxes upon it's residents again, and forcing more people out in the process. If the people, via electing shit lawmakers, want to cut their own throats, then I don't have a problem with it.

I don't live there anymore, I don't visit there anymore, I don't drive through it anymore. Fuck em.

I'm not criticizing anyone looking for greener pastures or fleeting oppression, just pointing out some consequences. As you also pointed out, this will weaken
                those states, and when parts of the whole are weakened, that's bad for the whole.
                Make no mistake, this trend of "big government" cities dictating to states will continue. I don't see an end that's pretty.
                I don't know.

Comment

10 characters

Comment

Leaving a state means you lose the sway of the electoral vote. So as more and more people flee as political refugees, more states become "true blue". Eventually the blue state residents migrate to other states as their populations increase, and you rinse and repeat.

Progress is a Juggernaut that cannot be stopped. The mentality is a fluid dynamic of persuasion and inundation craftily controlled by an agenda driven media subsidized by the elite private and commercial entities.

It's something interesting that you will never really know if you are a prisoner until you try to walk out the door. People do not get the gov't they deserve, people get the gov't they ALLOW. And I blame TV for creating a lack of critical thinking skills and attention to relevant issues, while conflating entertainment with a progressive agenda.

Traditional America is at the last battle for any sort of sensible civility, intelligence, and freedom to be secure in your life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. If you are not preparing for a civil war, then you are not going to win. The other side has prepared for war, gained support in its cause, and seeks out those who will not adopt the system.

- Turn in your guns or be a felon in NY
                    - Sign up for Obamacare or pay a stiff federal penalty, refuse to pay and become a criminal
                    - Accept minority actions, however obscure or delinquent, or be branded a racist or homophobe.
                    - Support equal pay for any amount of work, or be charged with a workplace lawsuit
                    - Give up your self protection, traditional views, archaic religious beliefs, and independence. Or be chased down by the new DHS extremist task force.

The list goes on and on, the agenda is clear, the players are evident. The biggest threat is the pissed off redneck with a gun, refusing to drink the kool-aid so readily. These elite are afraid of us, they hire multi-million dollar security to guard them. Do you think an honest politician working FOR the people needs protection FROM the people??? Do the rich need to compete in their wealth purchases and then complain when they are taxed? Do the poor deserve to be handed success on an easy to fill out multi-lingual form?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal. But somehow your voice only carries the weight of your popularity among masses instead of the conviction of truth in your message. A war has been brought upon us, but it is not man against gov't, it is man against man. We must fight the popularity of ideas that are rooted in emotion instead of ration, we must slay the egocentric ideals of underachievers, and we must bring reality to the disillusioned who think that water comes from the faucet and beef from the market.

America is living, breathing thing, with an infection called PROGRESS. Thank you for reading.
                    Textually Active

Comment

Here's a map showing counties in NY that oppose the SAFE Act. I also agree with Harry, at some point you need to make some kind of stand against what you're opposed to, whatever it is. Otherwise you will be out numbered and you will lose.
                      This sig didn't cost me any money.

Comment

Originally posted by duke nukem View Post
                        Here's a map showing counties in NY that oppose the SAFE Act. I also agree with Harry, at some point you need to make some kind of stand against what you're opposed to, whatever it is. Otherwise you will be out numbered and you will lose.
                        Tompkins and Albany are not surprising, and of course the city demographics. This almost reflects the same county wins Cuomo took, which lead me to leave NY for good and pass up a 50k/yr job offer. I am vexed to see Niagra against the SAFE Act, but Cuomo won the county due to dumping a lot of business money there in 2014.

In terms of the Safe Act, and NY elections, the Kings and Queens counties and rest of NYC take majority votes due to population density. I attest that it should be based on the number of counties you win, and not the individual votes in a small concentrated area with a highly uneducated and unarmed demographic.
                        Textually Active

Comment

Originally posted by Mayaca View Post

who are you and what have you done with gamgee?
                          gamgee's not all monkeys and shenanigans. He's deep.

Comment

10 characters

Comment

True America is already outnumbered in NY. The battle is lost there.

I fear that the only way to take it back, is by the same means the left uses to facilitate their own means of change, with fear mongering and lawlessness.
                              There is a lot of truth in that. What you need is a rampant reporting on home invasions by individuals armed with a weapon of some kind. The moment persons do not feel safe in their home, firearm rights will change. Not by hunters, shooters, or pro-rights activists. You need to target the one thing the individuals who support the SAFE Act take for granted.

You rarely meet a sensible victim of a burglary or robbery that subsequently opposes a means of self-defense. And you rarely see Cuomo without security. The one time his security tried to stop me,stared them down...funny story TBH.
                              Textually Active

Comment

Working...
                              X