Binoculars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Binoculars

Who has binocs in their BOB or do you think it might be to much extra weight?

I have a Bushnell compact 10x that I got years ago for hunting. They fold up nice to make a small package.

I think for in the woods I would prefer like a 5-6x though.

I have binos and a range finder. It's not enough weight to matter

Comment

I plan on getting a range finder, good idea to add one to a BOB.

Comment

I have a monocular in my bushcraft bag that would double as a wilderness BOB if things ever got that bad, there's no place for it in the evacuation bag.

Comment

got binos........
          "Virtute et armis"

Girls play with dolls. Men play with dead animals

https://www.uso.org

Islam is right about women

sde: Because it was trolling and by damn God, that's what we fucking do here. Always have, always will

#learn2code

Epstein didn't kill himself & neither did Qassem Soleimani

Eric Ciaramella is the whistle blower

Comment

Originally posted by Smudge View Post
            I have a monocular in my bushcraft bag that would double as a wilderness BOB if things ever got that bad, there's no place for it in the evacuation bag.
            I thought about getting a monocular sometime ago....To be more nautical a Long Glass :-)

Comment

I carry a cheapo bushnell 10 monocular, weighs nothing.

The scope on your rife also serves as a magnifying device. I use a 4x mil-dot that also serves as a rangefinder with basic knowledge of milradians.
              Textually Active

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Henderson View Post

The scope on your rife also serves as a magnifying device. I use a 4x mil-dot that also serves as a rangefinder with basic knowledge of milradians.
                It's posts like this convince me this could be a great survival forum

Comment

I carry a good scope and bushnell range finder. Vinod are nice but scope has multiple uses.
                  Bigger the Government, the smaller the Citizen.

Comment

We have a minimum of two smaller Bushnell binoculars and I think (?) that my husband has two other ones. One in each of his vehicles. Emergency bags.

My husband has a range finder too.

He uses his scopes off of a few of his hunting rifles too. Not all of his rifles have scopes on them - on purpose.

I gave one older, heavy, larger Bushnell binoculars to a friend years ago. I used to use that on a couple of sail boats and power boats over many, many years with my late husband.

I think that any type of binoculars are a good thing to have even if they are not super, super expensive ones. The smaller ones that I mentioned above were bought for convenience and weight. They work well for us.

My husband has some medium to expensive scopes.

I don't hunt. I am not knocking hunting.

I personally do not mind using binoculars but I can't stand to shoot with ANY brand or type of scope for my personal shooting. I use iron sights that are on a few lever action rifles and on 2 bolt action rifles. I have tried them on and off with various eyeglasses and without them but they are not my THING. (I have worn eyeglasses since I was 5 years old.)

I may get another set of binoculars too.

Cate

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Henderson View Post
                      I carry a cheapo bushnell 10 monocular, weighs nothing.

My husband does that too.

Cate

Comment

I don't have a bag that's ready to go, but I have a monocular and binoculars.
                        I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by gamgee View Post
                          I don't have a bag that's ready to go, but I have a monocular and binoculars.
                          Why don't you?

Comment

Yeah!
                            What the fuck,gamgee? wtf....
                            Bigger the Government, the smaller the Citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by bowclan View Post

Why don't you?
                              Originally posted by rover View Post
                              Yeah!
                              What the fuck,gamgee? wtf....
                              I just have stuff everywhere. I'm prepared for the type of emergency where I have plenty of time to pack.
                              I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                              X