Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glamper, Car Camper, or backpacking scamper

So what type of camper are you?

I glamped once on isla espititu santo in Baja. Cool tent camping with all the fixings, including food and drink.
    I only did it to try and impress some dingbat with a knockout booty.
    They look like this (the glamper not the booty):

Car camping is a lot of fun if you pick your campground wisely... some campgrounds are a loud mouth fest.
    A nice car camping place:

And a sucky car camping place:

Backpacking is a shit load more of an effort, but I love it best.
    pct2015sectiona.jpg

There's also RV/toy haulers, but that's like you never really left home.

So what be it?
    Do you camp???
    Dépenser de l'argent et aimer votre miel

I'll come back to this. I have to get some sleep!
    "L E X - T A L I O N I S"

Comment

I can't see the 3rd pick, the family like car camping but my solo bushcraft camping would be backpack I'm working up to something with the solo but need to increase my primitive skill sets.

Comment

Truck camping for me. I do a lot of it when I go off roading. I don't have a camper shell on my new truck yet but the back seat works fine except when I have to crawl out to pee and it's raining.
        Screw diplomacy...........bring it!

Comment

I only camped when I wanted to make memories for my Girl Scout troop. We stayed in a forest once, in tree houses. One of my funniest memories of the troop is when we woke up the next morning. Well, I'm not sure I slept. It was cold and coyotes howled all night. My co-leader and I found a huddle of little girls, all sleeping upright in the corner of a cot. Soooo freakin' cute it almost hurt.
          No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it. -Einstein

Comment

Depends on where I am going and what I am doing. If its back country its either the tent or back of the suv.
            If its to the lake I take the caravan.

Comment

I go camping with what fits into this little clamshell trailer. Tent, air mattress, cooking stuff and a few clothes. I don't get to go for long periods, usually a short weekend.

two.jpg
              Tuesday is soylent green day

Comment

Night that's a kick ass set up

Comment

Originally posted by Night View Post
                  I go camping with what fits into this little clamshell trailer. Tent, air mattress, cooking stuff and a few clothes. I don't get to go for long periods, usually a short weekend.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n4242[/ATTACH]

I see nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by Necio View Post
                    Night that's a kick ass set up
                    Thank you. This is the tent that's packed away in the little trailer

tent1.jpg

Comment

WTF
                      Does the bike go inside too? That's a cabin with attached garage!

Comment

Originally posted by Smudge View Post

I see nothing?
                        Are you sporting one of these?

Comment

when younger. l would just take off with my motorcycle. back pack, and two saddle bags. had a tiny little kids tent i slept in. sometimes it would blow off since it was always tied to the top of everything else. then just ended up sleeping on the ground somewhere. ive been all over the country on a motorcycle when younger. slept in ditches, behind gas stations, or just about anywhere. now that im older, i would like to at least at a dam air mattress to sleep on. or something under me. if i had someone to camp with, i would most likely go all the time. i do enjoy just walking out in the woods in the fall, and just staying for a couple of days. havent done it for three or four years. having some crappy small camper you drag behind a vehicle is always best. air stream would rock pretty hard. my neighbor has one that has been just sitting there for 13 years that he refuses to part with.

i lived in a camper in my driveway for two summers while slowly remodeling my house. i enjoyed it way more than living in the house. less to clean up, you basically just ate crap you didnt have to cook. i always slept really good. well until it started getting in the 20's, then it was time to get into a house.

im sure full time camper living or tiny home living will be in my near future. those tiny houses are so cool.

Comment

We do group camping twice a year, all motorcycles with little trailers.

Over Labor Day we saw some people pull up with cargo trailer that had two refrigerators, a microwave and an air conditioning unit for their tent. My opinion, if you can't live two days without all that shit, you should just stay home !

Comment

air conditioning for a tent. my god. just get a freaking camper. if im going to tent at a campground. i bring two big fans.

Comment

Working...
                              X