Carabiners:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carabiners:

You can actually do a whole lot of shit with them. I know most of the survivalist types just like to hang one on their BOB, but they really don't know why, other than it looks cool.

"L E X - T A L I O N I S"

I suggest (and I'm no expert!) that even if you are just going to carry your keys on one, that it be rated for climbing or lifting. I bought one at Kmart for 2 or 3 dollars that was rated for 300 pounds. I also have one that locks and is rated for, I think it's 500 pounds, that I paid 13 dollars for.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Not fancy, but they work.

Comment

Originally posted by Talon View Post
            I suggest (and I'm no expert!) that even if you are just going to carry your keys on one, that it be rated for climbing or lifting. I bought one at Kmart for 2 or 3 dollars that was rated for 300 pounds. I also have one that locks and is rated for, I think it's 500 pounds, that I paid 13 dollars for.
            I don't think either of those would hold most "survivalists".
            This sig didn't cost me any money.

Comment

Originally posted by duke nukem View Post

I don't think either of those would hold most "survivalists".
              You'd need one of these.
              https://csagovernment.org/index.html

http://deovindice.org/

http://dixienet.org/

http://leagueofthesouth.com/

Comment

I've owned a couple over the years, when I first got into survivalism everyone was telling me how useful there are........... I've honestly never needed one and nolonger consider them a part of my kit.

Comment

They aren't an "essential" piece of equipment by any stretch of the imagination. My thing, is that if you are going to have some anyway, have good ones that can actually be of use.

Comment

Originally posted by Smudge View Post
                    I've owned a couple over the years, when I first got into survivalism everyone was telling me how useful there are........... I've honestly never needed one and nolonger consider them a part of my kit.
                    I use them alot when I am out back. From hanging up my hammock, to hoisting my food bag up to keep it away from bears, on my pack I will use it as a hook to hold my jacket or hat. Lots of uses, that is if you use it. Its great to make a fast camp fast. I have a couple, and also a couple climbing cams also to use in conjunction with them.
                    ~" If you suck ass long enough, pretty soon you start choking on shit."~

Comment

Not to be confused with Carol Beaners which Is what the Mexicans that normally stand out front of Home Depot may do in the holiday season
                      Textually Active

Comment

I use them on my handbags to keep them closed.

Comment

Seems like a misuse of good Mexican labor just To hold a lady's handbag closed
                          Textually Active

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Henderson View Post
                            Seems like a misuse of good Mexican labor just To hold a lady's handbag closed
                            Try stuffing a handbag in the overhead when flying in a commuter.

Comment

A good video on the subject.

Comment

Working...
                              X