Headlamps:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlamps:

I bought a three pack like this a few years ago. I gave one away, one didn't work at all and the other one works great. I think the three pack was ten bucks. They are great for changing tires or doing repairs in low light.

"L E X - T A L I O N I S"

I need to pick some up to compliment my cane mounted lights. Us gimps just don't have enough hands for a cane and everything else.

Comment

Them things are great putting treestands up in the dark. Bets the hell out of holding a flashlight in the mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bowclan View Post
        Them things are great putting treestands up in the dark. Bets the hell out of holding a flashlight in the mouth.
        Must not respond with joke

Comment

Originally posted by Woods Devil View Post

Must not respond with joke
          Guess it was good I didn't mention flashlight color huh

Comment

I used to buy the petzl headlamps because that's what we all had when I was in the Army, but they are stupid expensive and now I just buy the LED energizer ones from lowes. The good ones are like 20 bucks.

Comment

I picked up a cheap one from Harbor Freight yesterday. I think it was 3 bucks, and it's a piece of shit. The light beam is like those old plastic flashlights that they used to make in the 70's. Make sure the one you get is LED.

"L E X - T A L I O N I S"

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey_Wideshaft View Post
                I used to buy the petzl headlamps because that's what we all had when I was in the Army, but they are stupid expensive and now I just buy the LED energizer ones from lowes. The good ones are like 20 bucks.
                I didn't recall that brand so I looked it up. They have a $360 model, pretty steep. 750 lumens for the high beam, that's cooking.

Their tactikka 2 looks interesting for $60.

Comment

I'm not sure how many lumens the energizer ones are, but they are really bright. Plus they have like 5 light settings including a red light, which is nice for walking back to a stand at 0430.

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey_Wideshaft View Post
                    I'm not sure how many lumens the energizer ones are, but they are really bright. Plus they have like 5 light settings including a red light, which is nice for walking back to a stand at 0430.
                    The red light feature I like a lot.

Comment

I use a Surefire minimus and a Petzl.

The Petzl is lightweight but the surefire is better constructed.

Comment

Working...
                      X