Boil water warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boil water warning

Boil water warning issued for my home town.

http://www.capebretonpost.com/News/L...Bay-and-area/1

Guess how much water I'm going to boil (that I wouldn't otherwise boil)? None! Finally all those 5 gallon glass carboys full of water will pay for themselves with saved electric bills.

Oh yeah, I think I'll take the wife out this weekend to celebrate how a prep finally came in handy.
    ------------

There used to be a pretty good Scottish Bakery up there on the main road. It was salmon colored on the outside. I don't know if they boiled their water.
    I don't know.

Comment

Now if only the power would go out so I can use those 17 fucking boxes of candles in the basement.

Seriously, every winter we get a power outage or two and I'm into the candles right away, dozens going. And my NOAA radio going, cause I'm prepared and on top of shit. Then the goddamned power company has the power restored in like less than half an hour. Fuck you power company. Fuck you a lot!
      Last edited by Steve28; 05-27-2016, 10:50 PM.
      ------------

Comment

Oops
        ------------

Comment

Originally posted by Steve28 View Post
          Now if only the power would go out so I can use those 17 fucking boxes of candles in the basement.

Seriously, every winter we get a power outage or two and I'm into the candles right away, dozens going. And my NOAA radio going, cause I'm prepared and on top of shit. Then the goddamned power company has the power restored in like less than half an hour. Fuck you power company. Fuck you a lot!
          Originally posted by Steve28 View Post
          Oops

Quoting for posterity. I am right there with you Steve. Power goes out - race to light the fire and cook some toast over it, bake some potatoes in the embers URGENTLY before the bastards turn it back on.

Comment

My brother owned a pet store with about 100 aquariums and went under a boil order for weeks. My mom and I were constantly boiling water and hauling it up to him
            Tuesday is soylent green day

Comment

Originally posted by Night View Post
              My brother owned a pet store with about 100 aquariums and went under a boil order for weeks. My mom and I were constantly boiling water and hauling it up to him
              You took the fish out first I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Absolutely! View Post

You took the fish out first I hope.
                This is why she said "owned" in the past tense.....
                Go Space Force!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayaca View Post

This is why she said "owned" in the past tense.....
                  Ha ha!

aquarium water evaporates and you have to add new
                  Tuesday is soylent green day

Comment

Working...
                  X