Start our kitchen reno today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start our kitchen reno today

I picked up some 2x4s, 1/2" GWB, and some OSB for blocking in the pantrys on friday. Only about $100 in materials so far. I'm keeping a spreadsheet to track

Going to fill the larger one with shelves for dry food. Probably going to just use a curtain to cover the opening, but I might frame it out to fit a small double door in I want to put one in someday. The Smaller pantry is going to be to hang pots and pans on hooks with no curtain. I might even frame the ceiling down about 6" between the pantrys with a nice can light between. That way as you enter the kitchen it would feel taller.

Then I have two wing walls by the gas range and I know a sheet metal guy that's going to bend me a 3 face stainless steel back-splash for $75. Also going to install a range vent, even sourced the flashing boot kit for the roof penetration because we have a flat rubber epdm roof.

Enclosing the fridge and putting in open storage above for sheetware and large items used infrequently.

Then I'm adding a micro mud room by the back door. Probably a bench and storage under and coat hooks and some overhead shelves for hats/gloves ect.

Between the pantry and the mud room putting in a shallow counter to hold all our smaller appliances. Microwave, toaster, blender, slow cooker. Considering a shelf right under the window for an herb garden.

Replacing the existing big counter with a solid surface and an undermounted deep farmers sink with a prosumer sprayer.

Modifying some wall cabinets to have glass doors and built-in organizers that holds each piece of a complete dinnerware set. Right noiw they are tall wall cabs, but I want them to be shorter so the rear counter space is more open so food prep is easier. Then I'll build a sort of wood lattice with all sorts of hooks and holders for misc kitchen tools. Wisc, wood spatulas, knife magnet, spatulas, tongs, everything that collected in to a drawer that is a pain in the ass to open.

Finally, it's getting a new coat of white paint, white subway tile backsplash, grey quarry tile floor (with a dark grout to minimize staining), under cabinet lighting, new can lights. All the remaining cabinets will be sanded and painted (Dark base cabinets, white upper cabinets). Sticking with white and cool blue greys and 4k lighting ultra white lighting.

It's going to take a while, but that's the master plan. Going to do each part as we can afford it. We don't use credit cards on anything ever, so we do some, save and do some more. The big ticket items will be the countertop/sink and replacing our dishwasher & fridge. Everything thing else should just be a few hundred at a time.

-Name

Once I get it cleaned out I'll take some good before photos and post them..
    -Name

Comment

Originally posted by Name View Post
      Once I get it cleaned out I'll take some good before photos and post them..
      Are you going add the skynet smart system you were tlking about in another thread, the one where you can voice command everything?

Comment

I was going to ask for photos. Kewl
        Go Space Force!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jwf View Post

Are you going add the skynet smart system you were tlking about in another thread, the one where you can voice command everything?
          Totally, It's handy with setting timers and finding recipes.
          -Name

Comment

Please remain calm and stay inside...
            Bigger the Government, the smaller the Citizen.

Comment

Do you have measurements for this? I can't tell if it's small or big.

Comment

I like to have counter space beside my refrigerator or an island to sit things on as I remove and place items in the refrigerator. I like my kitchen sink to have a window to look out of.

nice thread, good luck on this project.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbles View Post
                  Do you have measurements for this? I can't tell if it's small or big.
                  It's on the larger side of small. It could be a lot worse, but there are things I wish we had the space for.
                  -Name

Comment

Originally posted by Operator6 View Post
                    I like to have counter space beside my refrigerator or an island to sit things on as I remove and place items in the refrigerator. I like my kitchen sink to have a window to look out of.

nice thread, good luck on this project.
                    I didn't consider gutting and moving everything around because it would have blown up the cost exponentially. I'm also not comfortable with replumbing everything, the sink drain for instance go from pvs, to cast iron, to clay. I'd rather just not fuck with it since it works where it is. It's not shown on the plan from it's directly across from the fridge.
                    -Name

Comment

Originally posted by rover View Post
                      Please remain calm and stay inside...
                      The biggest cabinet we have was full of wine and martini glasses, like 40 total. Then I found several pans with broken handles, and I'm not kidding, 23 vases. Now we have enough room for stuff like food and appliance accessories. I couldn't get her to come off any of our 4 blenders though.
                      -Name

Comment

Originally posted by Name View Post

I didn't consider gutting and moving everything around because it would have blown up the cost exponentially. I'm also not comfortable with replumbing everything, the sink drain for instance go from pvs, to cast iron, to clay. I'd rather just not fuck with it since it works where it is. It's not shown on the plan from it's directly across from the fridge.
                        I assumed the sink was next to the dishwasher.

Comment

Originally posted by Operator6 View Post

I assumed the sink was next to the dishwasher.
                          Yeah, it is.
                          -Name

Comment

I like that Milwaukee Packout system. That shit would be great for a bugout kit but it’s bright red, it would need painting. I’ve been looking at router jigs but have decided they’re all shit and to build my own, I gotta build some simple bookcase type shelving units and I’m going to dado the shelving in with some glue then pocket hole the shelves from the bottom.

Comment

You done yet? Grandma was slow but she was 80...
                              https://csagovernment.org/index.html

http://deovindice.org/

http://dixienet.org/

http://leagueofthesouth.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X