Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Behold, my newest workbench tool

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Behold, my newest workbench tool

    https://imgur.com/xpBKlJa

    Super handy to do a little metal forming.
    -Name

    #2
    congratulations.... you make a square..... those wheel guys can SUCK IT!!!
    Go Space Force!!!

    Comment


      #3
      Do you respect your work surface?
      -Name

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Name View Post
        Do you respect your work surface?
        I am envious of your work bench. Our house has been remodeled, everything except the garage....

        I dream of exactly how I will build the shelving and tool bench.....
        Go Space Force!!!

        Comment


          #5
          Behold! You have a block.
          https://csagovernment.org/index.html

          http://deovindice.org/

          http://dixienet.org/

          http://leagueofthesouth.com/

          Comment


            #6
            It'll be good if you have to straighten a bent nail with a hammer.
            I don't know.

            Comment


              #7
              Now a get flat - concave - ball ( different sizes ) hammers --

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Ricekila View Post
                Now a get flat - concave - ball ( different sizes ) hammers --
                And a shot bag.
                https://csagovernment.org/index.html

                http://deovindice.org/

                http://dixienet.org/

                http://leagueofthesouth.com/

                Comment


                  #9
                  Don't forget an oxy-acetylene set up to anneal the metal while working it.
                  https://csagovernment.org/index.html

                  http://deovindice.org/

                  http://dixienet.org/

                  http://leagueofthesouth.com/

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Mayaca View Post

                    I am envious of your work bench. Our house has been remodeled, everything except the garage....

                    I dream of exactly how I will build the shelving and tool bench.....
                    I spent about $100 in materials. I can do a drawing for you if you want.
                    -Name

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Ricekila View Post
                      Now a get flat - concave - ball ( different sizes ) hammers --
                      concave? Don't you mean convex?

                      I have a couple machining hammers I made in highschool I use a lot. But I do need a small and regular sized ball hammer.
                      -Name

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by dudeman View Post
                        Don't forget an oxy-acetylene set up to anneal the metal while working it.
                        I have a little butane torch that works well.

                        I would get a small mig welder but I'd want a garage first. That probably wont happen for a while.
                        -Name

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Name View Post

                          I spent about $100 in materials. I can do a drawing for you if you want.
                          I have a long wall I want to do shelves on,. And on the right and left of the work area the shelves go floor to ceiling. At the work area, the work surface has nothing under it so I can slide a roll around tool box under it. And above the work bench area, more shelving with a long fluorescent light. I see it in my mind.....

                          Go Space Force!!!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Mayaca View Post

                            I have a long wall I want to do shelves on,. And on the right and left of the work area the shelves go floor to ceiling. At the work area, the work surface has nothing under it so I can slide a roll around tool box under it. And above the work bench area, more shelving with a long fluorescent light. I see it in my mind.....
                            Mine is 8' long with no bracing in the way for a rolling too box. The work surface is framed with 2x6s so it can span without needing additional supports.

                            All the screws holding the top down are hidden under a 1/8" piece of masonite I glued down.

                            I can take some detail photos tonight.
                            -Name

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Name View Post

                              Mine is 8' long with no bracing in the way for a rolling too box. The work surface is framed with 2x6s so it can span without needing additional supports.

                              All the screws holding the top down are hidden under a 1/8" piece of masonite I glued down.

                              I can take some detail photos tonight.
                              Please do. Thanks.
                              Go Space Force!!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X