Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have an idea

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I have an idea

    What if!

    A company's profits were public knowledge in real time? Would that be a way to help mom and pop shops survive?

    -Name

    #2
    It would be interesting to some, others wouldn't care as long as they could get the cheapest chinese knockoff plastic lead painted cheap shit.


    My power company lobbied to raise rates in order to build "cheaper energy" . So we built solar power sites for them with higher rates. They never lessened out rates, so we basically gave them free energy sources and are paying for it.
    Go Space Force!!!

    Comment


      #3
      Well the problem with real time is the cost of doing business is not real time, there's rent, there's maintenance, there's loss leaders, there's twinkies that get pilfered, there's that woman who's EBT didn't work and she destroys the store.

      Why would it help?

      What if we outlawed everybody except for mom and pop places, isn't that all they have in NYC, oh wait that's not a great example.

      Rancher

      Comment


        #4
        taint know sUch thang as reel time in da
        bussiniss wUrlt
        ant in my expierance fUck wads dUnt pay Up imediatly....
        90 daze in most cases sUmtimes knot till dey meat ya on da coUrt hoUse steps.....
        da gUbernmeats rda wUrst..city, state ant fed.........
        dat bee da reasUn ima knot a mom ant pop contractor anymo.....

        ftr.....i twer a class b contractor..........one step above a handyman.......

        at any point in time i had 5k-20k oUtstanding.....

        still had to pay the ins, bills, taxes, book keeper, help etc on time......... thoUgh
        "Virtute et armis"

        Girls play with dolls. Men play with dead animals

        https://www.uso.org

        Islam is right about women

        sde: Because it was trolling and by damn God, that's what we fucking do here. Always have, always will

        #learn2code

        Epstein didn't kill himself & neither did Qassem Soleimani

        Eric Ciaramella is the whistle blower

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Name View Post
          What if!

          A company's profits were public knowledge in real time? Would that be a way to help mom and pop shops survive?
          Accounting doesn't happen in real time. Profits are calculated, after much pain and suffering, after costs are counted and invoices are paid and tax is calculated... at the end of accounting periods.

          For instance: we finalise our accounts each month on about the 20th of the following month. That's how long it takes to get all the invoices in, all the invoices out, all payments processed and costs identified. That's how long it takes to calculate depreciation and run all the journals.

          You can go online and look at the financial accounts of most major companies however.

          Comment


            #6
            This is fascinating.
            I don't know.

            Comment


              #7
              Guys, I'm not asking how it could be done. I'm asking what repercussions would it have negative or positive.
              -Name

              Comment


                #8
                A large neon sign would be mounted on the front of Mom n Pop's store with a running total of the current profit or loss brightly displayed. A fun game for shoplifters would be to walk in, steal some items and go outside to see the numbers change.

                One could also go inside, purchase an item and tip the cashier. Outside, you could discover if the tip went into the till or the pocket.

                You could sit in a Walmart parking lot while viewing the screen, watch the obese scooter people roll in and roll out. It may be possible to calculate the real time effect on Walmarts profit by category: scooter people vs real people!





                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Unclefred View Post
                  A large neon sign would be mounted on the front of Mom n Pop's store with a running total of the current profit or loss brightly displayed. A fun game for shoplifters would be to walk in, steal some items and go outside to see the numbers change.

                  One could also go inside, purchase an item and tip the cashier. Outside, you could discover if the tip went into the till or the pocket.

                  You could sit in a Walmart parking lot while viewing the screen, watch the obese scooter people roll in and roll out. It may be possible to calculate the real time effect on Walmarts profit by category: scooter people vs real people!




                  it would be very amusing, because for every $10 spent, their profit number would go up maybe ten cents. And then somebody would steal something worth a dollar.....

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I just had an idea, which would explain the burning smell y'all are getting. A store that sells garden gnomes. Call it Gnomenclature
                    https://csagovernment.org/index.html

                    http://deovindice.org/

                    http://dixienet.org/

                    http://leagueofthesouth.com/

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by dudeman View Post
                      I just had an idea, which would explain the burning smell y'all are getting. A store that sells garden gnomes. Call it Gnomenclature
                      Maybe people could bring their Gnomes to you and you could name them. Less overhead that way.
                      I don't know.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I'm talking about gnomes like this...





                        https://csagovernment.org/index.html

                        http://deovindice.org/

                        http://dixienet.org/

                        http://leagueofthesouth.com/

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Tacky.

                          Everyone wants to shock nowadays.



                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by dudeman View Post
                            I'm talking about gnomes like this...





                            Did you model for those?

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Unclefred View Post

                              Did you model for those?
                              Only the third one.
                              https://csagovernment.org/index.html

                              http://deovindice.org/

                              http://dixienet.org/

                              http://leagueofthesouth.com/

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X