Making Scrapes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making Scrapes

Rut is still lingering in my area. Got me to thinking, do any of you make your own scrapes using your own urine? I didn't this year, but I have in the past. It is surprising how many young bucks will come check out human urine. Same goes for fresh tampons tied low in the trees. Any of you ever tried that trick?

Give a man a match, & he'll be warm for 20 seconds. But toss that man a white phosphorus grenade and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My urine smells like salty asparagus so it may work pretty well.
    Beware the ApE 👣

🇺🇸

Comment

Originally posted by bladesmith View Post
      Rut is still lingering in my area. Got me to thinking, do any of you make your own scrapes using your own urine? I didn't this year, but I have in the past. It is surprising how many young bucks will come check out human urine. Same goes for fresh tampons tied low in the trees. Any of you ever tried that trick?
      My wife refuses to go in the back yard now.
      Let’s Go Brandon!!!!!

Comment

Of course! Deer like urine. It doesn't matter what kind of urine, they can't tell the difference. I ran a tiny trap line one year and when I would use coyote urine or fox urine around a canine set, often times deer would come over and paw at it, sometimes messing up the trap set. As far as I've been told from the old timers, they say all urine breaks down so fast that they can't tell where the urine comes from, but the deer like (or are at least curious about) pee.

Comment

If I'm hunting for a mature buck, I use buck urine in a drip. A 4 or 5 year old buck is tough to fool.

I'll throw in another thing I've tried. Spray your boots with a little vanilla when you hike to your stand. Freshen them up every once in awhile if it is a long hike. Young bucks and does will be curious about the scent and often track you. I like playing with youngsters seeing how close I can get them to walk in. Truly fun to watch
          Give a man a match, & he'll be warm for 20 seconds. But toss that man a white phosphorus grenade and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

That aerosol doe estrus scent worked good for me this year. My friends in GA were using it too with great success. Better than I ever got with Tinks liquid or gel.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayaca View Post

My wife refuses to go in the back yard now.
              I've seen videos of bucks trying to mount women. They are hilarious.

Comment

Working...
              X