Easter in New Zealand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easter in New Zealand

Gotta love the Kiwis. 10,000 rabbits blown away in NZ hunt!

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/26...nd-easter-hunt

Hunting for chocolate eggs is popular Easter event, but in New Zealand it was bunnies in the firing line at an annual rabbit-shooting event in one district where they are regarded as pests.
    Ten thousand rabbits were shot by more than 300 hunters in 27 teams during the 24-hour "bunny hunt," which began on Good Friday.
    Ferriera, 49, president of the Alexandra Lions Club, said the event had been running annually for 25 years in the Central Otago district, and was organized after rabbits - an introduced species - developed immunity to poison. "It's a big fun event - hunters are out and awake all night," he said.
    ------------

For this, there will be revenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey_Wideshaft View Post
      For this, there will be revenge.
      I am sorry for your loss. Let me know what colors to change to on my facebook status.
      Let’s Go Brandon!!!!!

Comment

So that's what arrowNZ has really been up to!
        "L E X - T A L I O N I S"

Comment

Originally posted by Talon View Post
          Right, yes, he did post a pic of himself with his hunting pup recently. I hope he bagged a sackful.
          ------------

Comment

There's only one thing wrong with Easter in New Zealand - it's in autumn. There would be much better joy doing the bunny hunt in spring.

But You don't know the best of it.

The hills around alex are covered in thyme. There's no fucking grass, the rabbits have got it all. so they have to eat thyme.

So they're pot ready, as it were.

Comment

And in Japan --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL-7lmY_gNA

Comment

Originally posted by Ricekila View Post
                That's insane.
                I was having rabbit trapping fantasies watching that. They're so tame, the meat would be so tender...

Comment

Comment

Fun Semi- Fact:

In Australia they imported prickly pear, which is a cactus, for some reason, and it went wild.

So they imported rabbits since rabbits control the prickly pear... the rabbits decided to eat better stuff.

So they then imported a moth to go after the prickle pear and the rabbits still fuck them in the ass.
                    ~" If you suck ass long enough, pretty soon you start choking on shit."~

Comment

The egg hunt is a bit odd over there

Comment

I watched Watership Down yesterday, I still has a sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Smudge View Post
                          I watched Watership Down yesterday, I still has a sad.
                          Sorry yo feels.

Comment

Originally posted by Talon View Post
                            Nope not this year I had to work right through
                            I have been every year for the previous 9 years though.
                            Great way to let off a few hundred rounds and smoke a few pests.
                            Best tally our group got was 2762 over a whole weekend

Comment

Originally posted by arrowNZ View Post

Nope not this year I had to work right through
                              I have been every year for the previous 9 years though.
                              Great way to let off a few hundred rounds and smoke a few pests.
                              Best tally our group got was 2762 over a whole weekend
                              Good hunting! I know it's pest eradication which is good on its own, so no obligation like regular hunting, but do you do anything with the meat and/or furs?
                              ------------

Comment

Working...
                              X