Hunters Education Course: Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunters Education Course: Update

I missed one question on the 50 question written test. Something about "What should you do immediately after shooting a deer?" The right answer was call some number to report the harvest, but I selected 'field dress' because you have until midnight to electronically report the tag, and they stressed dressing the deer as soon as possible, after you let it lay for 15 minutes to make sure it's dead.

The shooting exercises were a joke. Had us shoot at 4 skeet using a child sized 20ga, I only hit 1. Then we shot a childs bow, and the main instructors grand daughter ran that one. She was like 14, giggly and did a terrible job. She only brought 3 arrows to the event and after the first group went through they had 1 left. So I shot 1 arrow and got credit. Lasty that had us shoot a child 22 rifle at targets from around 30 feet. I had a nice group, but it was high and right a few inches from center, i'm blaming the gun.

Id say everything that was actually informational for me could have been explained in 30 minutes. The other 8.5 hours were agonizing. I'd say about 33% of the students were children. Lots of dads sitting through the course with their sons. A couple dads with their daughters. Sat next to a woman who was taking her son through. about another third were early 20 something dudes that just needed the course to get their license, did nothing was make dumb jokes under their breath. There were a handful of guys like me, 30s, never hunted, looking to get in to it, kept quiet.

I'll say one thing, there were too many people in this small building than was allowed by code, so it was burning up. A lot of the kids looked dirty and the place smelled like hot garbage.

-Name

Like I said, it’s bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Operator6 View Post
      Like I said, it’s bullshit.
      That is important to you huh? Being right.
      -Name

Comment

Originally posted by Name View Post

That is important to you huh? Being right.
        Not as important as you pointing it out. Relax bruh, it’s nothing to do with you. Congrats on your graduation.

Ill answer your question though. Yes, being right is very important. Success is a series of being “ right “.

Comment

Originally posted by Operator6 View Post

Not as important as you pointing it out. Relax bruh, it’s nothing to do with you. Congrats on your graduation.

Ill answer your question though. Yes, being right is very important. Success is a series of being “ right “.
          tenor.gif?itemid=10945059.gif
          -Name

Comment

I have a friend that went duck hunting and exited the boat with a loaded shotgun off safety and he fired it while trying to climb into the blind. Almost blew a few peoples heads off. No one hurt.

I prefer that I’m the only one around with a gun.

Comment

as with anything else, when .gov getz involved in a "good idea" it becomes a shit show

take an IBEP course, other than shooting a gun you'll learn what your seaking.......

YMMV of course
              "Virtute et armis"

Girls play with dolls. Men play with dead animals

https://www.uso.org

http://www.truckersfinalmile.org

sde: Because it was trolling and by damn God, that's what we fucking do here. Always have, always will

#learn2code

Comment

These free classes usually run on a shoestring budget. Often people spend their one monies.
                Bigger the Government, the smaller the Citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by rover View Post
                  These free classes usually run on a shoestring budget. Often people spend their one monies.
                  ^^that^^
                  "Virtute et armis"

Girls play with dolls. Men play with dead animals

https://www.uso.org

http://www.truckersfinalmile.org

sde: Because it was trolling and by damn God, that's what we fucking do here. Always have, always will

#learn2code

Comment

Originally posted by Name View Post
                    The shooting exercises were a joke.

I was was able to acquire a video of name at the gun range.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q0SjVDlOfsI

Go Space Force!!!

Comment

I don't believe in having to get a license to hunt, fish or trap.

It should be something anyone should be able to do, without government involvement
                      It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

No guts, no glory. All pain, and fury.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyHauler View Post
                        I don't believe in having to get a license to hunt, fish or trap.

It should be something anyone should be able to do, without government involvement
                        while i hate most .gov involvement, i have to disagree with you on this. if there were no regulations, most animals would be "harvested" into extinction.
                        In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete
                        Drawn only to be washed away
                        For the time that I've been given

...I am what I am...

Comment

Now go git some Name. Find one of those Kentucky good ol boys to show you the ropes.

Comment

Originally posted by BrainDead View Post

while i hate most .gov involvement, i have to disagree with you on this. if there were no regulations, most animals would be "harvested" into extinction.
                            You honestly think that many people would hunt, fish and trap if we still had grocery stores?

I don't. People are fucking lazy.

We should be all allowed to be subsistence hunters, fishers, trappers and foragers without a license.
                            It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

No guts, no glory. All pain, and fury.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyHauler View Post

You honestly think that many people would hunt, fish and trap if we still had grocery stores?

I don't. People are fucking lazy.

We should be all allowed to be subsistence hunters, fishers, trappers and foragers without a license.
                              Would you limit how many moose someone would harvest each year?
                              thats a regulation, without it people would harvest as many as they could get away with.
                              Bigger the Government, the smaller the Citizen.

Comment

Working...
                              X