X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have any of you owned a

CRKT tomahawk? What model do you own?

http://www.crkt.com/outdoortomahawks

Do you like it and have you owned one for some time?

Thank you.

I know about Estwing and a couple of others (We own some.) but not this brand.

Cate
    Last edited by Kootenai; 12-22-2015, 01:27 AM.

I don't, but I really like the looks of it. I might have to pick one up.

Originally posted by Kootenai View Post
    CRKT tomahawk? What model do you own?

http://www.crkt.com/outdoortomahawks

Do you like it and have you owned one for some time?

Thank you.

I know about Estwing and a couple of others (We own some.) but not this brand.

Cate
    "L E X - T A L I O N I S"

Comment

Slightly off topic but I'm always confused as to what role the hawk plays, big knife? Hatchet? What I'd the definition of a hawk compared to a small hatchet?

Comment

Smudge,

Beats me!

I have looked up knife, axe, etc. definitions online and had some people TRY to explain the perfect terminology to me about specific KNIFE ONLY words from a to z.

I don't know the answers to your questions unless I would do a long internet search. By that time, you could look them up for yourself.

I can't ask my husband now because he worked late and is still asleep. Sorry.

Cate

Comment

Originally posted by Kootenai View Post
          Smudge,

Beats me!

I have looked up knife, axe, etc. definitions online and had some people TRY to explain the perfect terminology to me about specific KNIFE ONLY words from a to z.

I don't know the answers to your questions unless I would do a long internet search. By that time, you could look them up for yourself.

I can't ask my husband now because he worked late and is still asleep. Sorry.

Cate

Was just idle curiosity, I'll actually look it up one day

Comment

I looked at the CRKT hawk in the store, it is basically an overpriced cold steel hawk with a slightly fancier finish. Hawk roles are archaic, and really excel in fighting or small crafting. Much like the big knife, they are a cool factor more than functional tool.

I dropped my hawks a number of years back for the CS spetnaz shovel. It's a hawk, but has about 10 other uses where a hawk only serves as a chopper and a hammer. Also, the common folk are not spooked by a shovel as much.
            Textually Active

Comment

Thanks.

My husband has some types of special shovels too.

He said that tomahawks were well known for fighting tools and for other uses too.

I asked him about this before he went to work in the afternoon today.

Cate

Comment

Nothing wrong with a hawk as a belt axe. I think some of the "bug out to the woods" crowd make it harder on purpose where a boys axe would fare better. I loved throwing mine. But it's harder not to feel like a badass sticking a shovel into trees. I used mine for limbing and light camping, but mostly throwing fun.

The CRKT had a nicer handle in fit and finish, and the textured hammer head. But $70 vs $20 is not worth it for a working tool. CS Rifleman Hawk is about the same thing, that is what I carried for a few years.
                Textually Active

Comment

I have not. But I have owned quite a few CRKT products. For the money they are very decent products.
                  A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...db54dcd316.jpg

Comment

If one doesn't want to carry a heavy blade, the hawk is nice for splitting the pelvis when gutting an elk or large buck.

Comment

CRKT/RMJ Kangee T hawk

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p...psbxodoipr.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X