Clear All

Mora & Other:

Reasonably priced knives.

Hultafor

"L E X - T A L I O N I S"

Mora x-ray.

Comment

I don't have a problem with the tang on these knives. They will outlive you, as long as you don't beat them with a sledgehammer.

Comment

I have one of these. Nice little knife.

BAHCO

Comment

Mora's are good blades. If a little spartan in appearance.
          This sig didn't cost me any money.

Comment

I had a hultafors heavy duty, it's a serious amount of knife at a ridiculously low price.

I have a bahco wrecking knife (chisel tip) I bought for an experiment, again a serious amount of knife. It'll take a hammering literally

I have a mora, did some mods on it and it's sat in the draw... It's an ok knife but really I think they over rated.

Comment

My fixed blade is a mora 2000.

May check know out the new steel on the garberg this year
              Textually Active

Comment

I have some carbon and stainless mora knives and have no complaints for the price. I went to the local knife getting place in December to buy a schrade schf9 but they were sold out so i picked up a schrade schf36 instead and it is a tough knife but the coating looks terrible now not that I really care what it looks like.

Comment

What does "For the price" mean? I have often wondered if too many knife blog junkies equate knife weight or cost to knife quality.

Mora is a great steel and a lightweight knife. And even as a partial tang, plenty of users push them to the full tang tasks. I used to have the sharpened prybar mentality before I looked at historic knife design and usage.

I am just saying that I hear that the Mora is a good knife "for the price" a lot. It's a dang good knife period, we are just lucky they are so inexpensive. Only drawback I will concur would be the very simple sheath.
                  Textually Active

Comment

I've mostly used my stainless moras for cutting up an occasional steak and have used the carbon moras for light choirs around the house and yard with no failures. I'm not into batoning an entire forest like that nutnfunky guy so they work fine for me.

I have an old full tang carbon steel knife not much bigger than a mora that I have used since the 1970s. It belonged to my Uncle who was MIA in Korea before me and it is still a great knife but I wanted to retire it and decided on the 1095 steel schrade as a reasonable priced alternative.

I just don't see the need to pay a lot of money for custom or collectible knives myself but to each their own.

Comment

I have several of these also. The "Wahoo Killer" they are stainless and about 2 bucks a piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Talon View Post
                        I have several of these also. The "Wahoo Killer" they are stainless and about 2 bucks a piece.

I see those at several sites for $1.99, I need to order a case of them

Comment

They aren't as good a steel, or as sharp as a Mora, but for 2 bucks, in my mind, you can't go wrong.

Comment

That wahoo looks like it has a secondary bevel. Im a sucker for the single edge grind
                            Textually Active

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Henderson View Post
                              What does "For the price" mean? I have often wondered if too many knife blog junkies equate knife weight or cost to knife quality.

Mora is a great steel and a lightweight knife. And even as a partial tang, plenty of users push them to the full tang tasks. I used to have the sharpened prybar mentality before I looked at historic knife design and usage.

I am just saying that I hear that the Mora is a good knife "for the price" a lot. It's a dang good knife period, we are just lucky they are so inexpensive. Only drawback I will concur would be the very simple sheath.
                              Well I wouldn't expect much for the price.

Comment

Working...
                              X