Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leather and Lace?

Just kidding on lace lol

I like leather holsters and sheaths, they just look good with what they are toting. Nylon and Kydex are wonderful for their application, but no beauty at all though.

I'm looking at some custom sheaths from Sky Storm leather and Hedgehog leather. They make some pretty awesome sheaths.

I'm leaning toward Hedgehog, because they already have a sheath for the Esee 5. Very nice and of course with that comes $$$.

So, what's are others preference?

I like leather when I am home. When I am traveling for work though, weight is an issue, so nylon is what I have on all my web gear.
    Let’s Go Brandon!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayaca View Post
      I like leather when I am home. When I am traveling for work though, weight is an issue, so nylon is what I have on all my web gear.
      That makes sence. How about kydex? I have 3 knives that came it one. Not to crazy about them. I do like that you can get a kit and form you're own.

Comment

Originally posted by bowclan View Post

That makes sence. How about kydex? I have 3 knives that came it one. Not to crazy about them. I do like that you can get a kit and form you're own.
        I like nylon. Kydex is cool, but I haven't had it. I have had some rigid sheaths (plastic inserts), and I didn't like them. When we are in the bush, we often just flop down and take a break wherever. The softer stuff seems more forgiving when I lean back on a rock or something.

I think for around home, Kydex would be very cool. Certainly for a holster for a firearm, I would like to test it out.
        Let’s Go Brandon!!!!!

Comment

I see law enforcement is about all kydex with their Sig lites (glock).

If I was Sheriff I would have fancy leather holster lol

Comment

Originally posted by bowclan View Post
            I see law enforcement is about all kydex with their Sig lites (glock).

If I was Sheriff I would have fancy leather holster lol
            If I was the high Sheriff, and not a deputy or lower rank, I would carry a western style wheel gun in a leather holster tied down to my leg. And yes........ I would practice my quick draw............

****I just re-read this and it could seem like I am claiming to be a deputy. I am not in law enforcement.
            Let’s Go Brandon!!!!!

Comment

I only wear knives for recreational (bushcraft) uses, haven't done any soldiering since 97.

I like leather and wood wrapped in leather in the case of my khukuri type blades. I have a couple of hard plastic not kydex and nylon sheaths they do the job but don't do it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayaca View Post

If I was the high Sheriff, and not a deputy or lower rank, I would carry a western style wheel gun in a leather holster tied down to my leg. And yes........ I would practice my quick draw............

****I just re-read this and it could seem like I am claiming to be a deputy. I am not in law enforcement.
                Ok "High Noon" lol

The molly system I guess works best with nylon or kydex, some custom leather ones. Moller system seems pretty neat to me, but I doubt I'll be doing it anytime soon.

Comment

When I started in law enforcement, basket weave leather was the way to go & has always influenced me. Throw in my years of cowboy action shootings, I naturally believe leather is the best way to go.

http://www.wrtcleather.com/Cowboy-Ge...rsman-002.html

http://www.willghormley-maker.com/FrankJames.html
                  Give a man a match, & he'll be warm for 20 seconds. But toss that man a white phosphorus grenade and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

bladesmith I remember the weaved ones, NOW lol

Cool pictures

And of course have to have a nice leather belt. Anything else with a leather holster is like gawdy looking.

Comment

Leather for me. Wood stocks for me. We used to use a paddle type black leather holster with a thumb release. You had to rock the weapon forward and back to clear the holster-no one could pull it out from behind. We were issued GP 100'S, stainless, in .357. The ammo issue was .38 special with nylon clad hollow points. I have brown leather now for the Taurus.

Comment

I don't like paddle hostels either, even though I paid very good money for it. But, taking the holster off without having to take a belt off. So they are handy that way.

I like wood stocks, wood grips too. Grips for the magnum loads for target practice (I mean serious shooting), then rubber grips are great!

Comment

The paddles were nice for plain clothes, in flight transports. They were too cheap to buy shoulder types.

Comment

Working...
                          X