Jethro Tull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jethro Tull

Went to see them in Santa Barbara last night..................well actually not them but a rock opera of the same name performed by JT front man Ian Anderson. Not a bad show although Ian is obviously struggling to sing nowadays but he is 72. A good mix of new material combined with oldies I haven't heard in concert for 20 or 30 years. Nice thing about old bands performing is you get the old crowd buying tickets which means everybody is well behaved and security not needed.
    And to kill two birds with one stone, I stayed overnight and scheduled my bi-annual teeth cleaning for this morning before I went home.
    Hey young punks, take a lesson from us old farts about scheduling your time for the most bang for your buck!
    Screw diplomacy...........bring it!

You sure are doing a lot of running around lately
    Tuesday is soylent green day

Comment

I saw them a couple of times back when Ian stood like a stork. They were really good live.

Comment

Originally posted by Night View Post
        Hey, you sit around and do nothing, you get old real quick. Not this kid.....................I live on the edge!

Comment

Originally posted by Unclefred View Post
          I saw them a couple of times back when Ian stood like a stork. They were really good live.
          I've seen them a good 15 times dating back to 74 So I got a pretty good handle on their performances over the years. The last time they performed as an original band per se was 10 years ago. Since then it's been Ian doin his thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Night View Post
            He better be careful he doesn't break a hip.
            https://csagovernment.org/index.html

http://deovindice.org/

http://dixienet.org/

http://leagueofthesouth.com/

Comment

dunt like tull

twas da only concert we ever walked out of...........98 oar 99

culd give a fuck about a bunch of cloggers and shity flute players...........
              "Virtute et armis"

Girls play with dolls. Men play with dead animals

https://www.uso.org

Islam is right about women

sde: Because it was trolling and by damn God, that's what we fucking do here. Always have, always will

#learn2code

Epstein didn't kill himself & neither did Qassem Soleimani

Eric Ciaramella is the whistle blower

Comment

Originally posted by dudeman View Post

He better be careful he doesn't break a hip.

I'd fill this whole fucking page with those laughing things if I could!

Instead...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahh ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
                hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahh ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahh ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha
                It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

No guts, no glory. All pain, and fury.

Comment

Originally posted by swampbilly View Post
                  dunt like tull

twas da only concert we ever walked out of...........98 oar 99

culd give a fuck about a bunch of cloggers and shity flute players...........
                  seriously think you've missed the point.

go get the aqualung album, sit down and listen to the thing. listen to the lyrics. He had a lot to say in 1970's england. a fuck of a lot. he said as much as Pink Floyd was saying at the time.

Comment

ps rokitman fecking jealous as usual. You go to all the jethro tull things. you bloody northern hemisphere people you...

Comment

Originally posted by Absolutely! View Post
                      ps rokitman fecking jealous as usual. You go to all the jethro tull things. you bloody northern hemisphere people you...
                      Hey! Don't lump him in with me!

I have never saw Tull, and I probably never will!

It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

Comment

go get the aqualung album, sit down and listen to the thing. listen to the lyrics. He had a lot to say in 1970's england. a fuck of a lot. he said as much as Pink Floyd was saying at the time.
                        It's been awhile, since I listened to Tull. That's a pretty tall order though. I'll go relisten and see. I wasn't born then. So I have no idea.

I'm rambling.

Comment

Santa Barbara was named after Saint Barbara, the patron saint of armourers, architects, artillerymen, firemen, mathematicians, miners, tunnellers, chemical engineers, and prisoners.
                          I believe some of you, at one time or another, may have fallen into one, or more, of these categories.

I don't know.

Comment

If Ian Anderson smells like he looks I wouldn't want to be in the same county with him. I don't give a fuck for anything he had to say back then and I was around back then. I've heard Aqualung and some of the music wasn't bad but then I saw the dirty bastards on tv and that ruined it.

When all of those hippie looking mother fuckers were partying and skipping showers out it San Fran I was playing out back with my dogs, taking care of the chickens and goats and waiting for my Dad to get home from his job, you know, one of those things that those dirty hippie bastards wanted nothing to do with.

Comment

^^^^that ^^^^
                              "Virtute et armis"

Girls play with dolls. Men play with dead animals

https://www.uso.org

Islam is right about women

sde: Because it was trolling and by damn God, that's what we fucking do here. Always have, always will

#learn2code

Epstein didn't kill himself & neither did Qassem Soleimani

Eric Ciaramella is the whistle blower

Comment

Working...
                              X