Television Shows & Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Television Shows & Movies

So, I've been resting a bunch and watching a lot of TV. Here's some stuff that I'd recommend

I really liked "Stranger Things", a Netflix show. It's like the old 1980's John Carpenter/ Stephen King / George Romero shows, only not as gory. Good story line, great bunch of child actors. It's only one season in, which is like 8 episodes, so a quick watch.

Started watching "Portlandia" after surgery, just because it was light, quick shows so if I passed out it was no big deal. It's hysterical. Has Fred Armisen (sp?) from Saturday Night Live. Takes place in Portland, Oregon. Nothing is off-limits - they make fun of everything. Funny stuff

Westworld - Have yet to finish Ep. 1 but it's good. This could fill the void that Game of Thrones will leave once that's done.

Watched "The Big Short", a movie about the 2007 financial crisis, the assholes who packaged shitty, sub-prime mortgages into AAA-rated bonds and subsequently crashed the global economy, and the financiers who saw this as an opportunity and bet against the housing market.. Good explanation of how things happened, why they happened, and the ending gives a hint at why it will probably happen again. Because, why should we learn from our mistakes.

And for like the 50th time, "Love Actually". I swear, this movie never gets old to me.

Originally posted by UnderTheStars View Post
    So, I've been resting a bunch and watching a lot of TV. Here's some stuff that I'd recommend

I really liked "Stranger Things", a Netflix show. It's like the old 1980's John Carpenter/ Stephen King / George Romero shows, only not as gory. Good story line, great bunch of child actors. It's only one season in, which is like 8 episodes, so a quick watch.

Started watching "Portlandia" after surgery, just because it was light, quick shows so if I passed out it was no big deal. It's hysterical. Has Fred Armisen (sp?) from Saturday Night Live. Takes place in Portland, Oregon. Nothing is off-limits - they make fun of everything. Funny stuff

Westworld - Have yet to finish Ep. 1 but it's good. This could fill the void that Game of Thrones will leave once that's done.

Watched "The Big Short", a movie about the 2007 financial crisis, the assholes who packaged shitty, sub-prime mortgages into AAA-rated bonds and subsequently crashed the global economy, and the financiers who saw this as an opportunity and bet against the housing market.. Good explanation of how things happened, why they happened, and the ending gives a hint at why it will probably happen again. Because, why should we learn from our mistakes.

And for like the 50th time, "Love Actually". I swear, this movie never gets old to me.
    "Your chicken's name is Colin."

Comment

Originally posted by Unclefred View Post

"Your chicken's name is Colin."
      I laughed so hard it actually hurt

Comment

I laughed so hard it actually hurt
        I tried Portlandia and couldn't get into it.

I'm watching Designated Survivor (only on HULU) with Keifer Sutherland. It's sad to see Keifer is old now
        Tuesday is soylent green day

Comment

Originally posted by Night View Post
          It's sad to see Keifer is old now
          We all are.
          https://csagovernment.org/index.html

http://deovindice.org/

http://dixienet.org/

http://leagueofthesouth.com/

Comment

I tried Portlandia and couldn't get into it.

I'm watching Designated Survivor (only on HULU) with Keifer Sutherland. It's sad to see Keifer is old now
            Always figured I'd hate it, but after 10 minutes I was hooked. Also along this line is "Documentary Now" - they re-did Grey Gardens - so funny.

I never heard of that one with Keifer Sutherland- will look into it. Yeah, if he's old, that means I'm old. Hate it when that happens.

Comment

Yeah, if he's old, that means I'm old. Hate it when that happens.

Everyone else is getting old except me and you
              Tuesday is soylent green day

Comment

Keep telling yourself that and maybe one day it will come true.
                https://csagovernment.org/index.html

http://deovindice.org/

http://dixienet.org/

http://leagueofthesouth.com/

Comment

That's true. Probably truer for you with the reaper thing

Originally posted by dudeman View Post

Keep telling yourself that and maybe one day it will come true.
                  Once I get outta of this recliner I'm gonna kick your ass!

Comment

Not a bad show. I haven't seen the latest episode.
                    ------------

Comment

I just started watching "Midnight Sun", a Swedish/French thriller series. I notice BBC sometimes but those things, but for the rest of you, I guess it is off limits. I will not just plain say it is good, because one episode only has been aired yet. But it starts kind of cool. It takes place in and around Kiruna, a town way, way up north. Once scene is how they fly from one crime scene just to witness the next one, they land the helicopter there and tries to save the man who is tied up with a wolf pack around him, one wolf running off with his foot.
                      im in ur head eatin ur brains

Comment

Originally posted by leftsdope33 View Post
                        I just started watching "Midnight Sun", a Swedish/French thriller series. I notice BBC sometimes but those things, but for the rest of you, I guess it is off limits. I will not just plain say it is good, because one episode only has been aired yet. But it starts kind of cool. It takes place in and around Kiruna, a town way, way up north. Once scene is how they fly from one crime scene just to witness the next one, they land the helicopter there and tries to save the man who is tied up with a wolf pack around him, one wolf running off with his foot.
                        Do they speak American in it? Or is it one of those weird Swiss or Austrian languages? I hate didgeridoos.
                        ------------

Comment

Is anyone watching "Poldark" on PBS ? I keep hearing it's good

Comment

Originally posted by dudeman View Post

We all are.
                            Well, except for Red and I.

The rest of you, yeah.

It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

No guts, no glory. All pain, and fury.

Comment

I don't watch much TV, unless it's on Netflix or Shomi; even then, rarely.

Stranger Things is a good show!

The kids play D&D!!!
                              It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

No guts, no glory. All pain, and fury.

Comment

Working...
                              X