Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanksgiving Feast

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Thanksgiving Feast

    I hope all will be partaking a scrumptious feast. Let us share traditions and recipes from your favorite memories.

    #2
    In my abode, we have dressing not stuffing. We cook it separate from the turkey. I'm contemplating an oyster dressing this holiday.

    Comment


      #3
      We do turkey dressing. I don't like oysters.

      I I want to learn how to make fruit cake, anyone got a recipe ???
      Bigger the Government, the smaller the Citizen.

      Comment


        #4
        We already had Thanksgiving.
        It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

        No guts, no glory. All pain, and fury.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by rover View Post
          We do turkey dressing. I don't like oysters.

          I I want to learn how to make fruit cake, anyone got a recipe ???
          I never made one but this recipe looks good. Can't go wrong with King Arthur flour recipes.

          http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recip...uitcake-recipe
          .

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by rover View Post
            We do turkey dressing. I don't like oysters.

            I I want to learn how to make fruit cake, anyone got a recipe ???
            We buy "Grandma's Fruitcakes" made by Beatrice bakeries. They are soaked in rum and brandy with nice chunks of real fruit.

            Tradition in my family was an early morning hunt followed by Thanksgiving meal at noon. Then, we would settle in watch football while all the youngsters were outside playing ball. Good food, good company, and fond memories
            Give a man a match, & he'll be warm for 20 seconds. But toss that man a white phosphorus grenade and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by bladesmith View Post

              We buy "Grandma's Fruitcakes" made by Beatrice bakeries. They are soaked in rum and brandy with nice chunks of real fruit.

              Tradition in my family was an early morning hunt followed by Thanksgiving meal at noon. Then, we would settle in watch football while all the youngsters were outside playing ball. Good food, good company, and fond memories
              Sounds nice.

              We (I) put the bird on early (I don't book it off work), and make my Grandma's recipe for stuffing/dressing; we play with the kids and eat an early supper.

              I think we should add in some new traditions.

              We used to invite anyone, who wasn't having a turkey dinner, to come over and feast with us; but we haven't done that in a couple years.

              I think I'll be bringing it back next year, it was always a good time and it's one of the few meals that I actually cook; and cook well.

              My wife does a lot of the cooking now, but we're both pretty excellent cooks.

              I feel that I should help her more, by doing some more cooking and giving her a break.

              But knowing her, she might tear my head off; for stepping foot in her sacred place. She wields a mighty spatula, that has rapped my hand many a time; when she has caught me snagging snacks from the designated meal ingredients.

              She allows me to cook the holiday feasts and do any/all BBQ'ing. I think she married me for the steaks that I BBQ.
              It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

              No guts, no glory. All pain, and fury.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by HeavyHauler View Post
                We already had Thanksgiving.
                There's no law that says you can't do it again. I don't think they'll deport you over a turkey dinner.

                ------------

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Steve28 View Post

                  There's no law that says you can't do it again. I don't think they'll deport you over a turkey dinner.
                  Thats true.

                  I don't know, they might; just so they can import more people.

                  But they might miss all the fucking tax money, that I have to pay 'em off each check; the fuckin' cunts.

                  It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

                  No guts, no glory. All pain, and fury.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Damn yankee holiday.
                    https://csagovernment.org/index.html

                    http://deovindice.org/

                    http://dixienet.org/

                    http://leagueofthesouth.com/

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by dudeman View Post
                      Damn yankee holiday.
                      Make it your own! Instead of turkey, cook up some road kill.
                      ------------

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Steve28 View Post

                        Make it your own! Instead of turkey, cook up some road kill.
                        I talked to my dad the other day, its going to be homemade lasagna, manicotti, salad, and other delectable munchees.
                        https://csagovernment.org/index.html

                        http://deovindice.org/

                        http://dixienet.org/

                        http://leagueofthesouth.com/

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by dudeman View Post
                          Damn yankee holiday.


                          Are you or are you not eating turkey today?

                          I sure the fuck ain't, we had our turkey day a fucking month ago; at the proper Canadian time.

                          We generally eat turkey once a year and I cook the bird.

                          It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

                          No guts, no glory. All pain, and fury.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by HeavyHauler View Post



                            Are you or are you not eating turkey today?

                            I sure the fuck ain't, we had our turkey day a fucking month ago; at the proper Canadian time.

                            We generally eat turkey once a year and I cook the bird.
                            Nope, we're having our anti yankee holiday feast to remember the murdered Confederate heroes.
                            https://csagovernment.org/index.html

                            http://deovindice.org/

                            http://dixienet.org/

                            http://leagueofthesouth.com/

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by dudeman View Post

                              I talked to my dad the other day, its going to be homemade lasagna, manicotti, salad, and other delectable munchees.
                              Disregard the first part of my post, you answered it while I was doing paper work; fuck sakes.

                              It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

                              No guts, no glory. All pain, and fury.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X