Talking Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking Turkey

Let us share ideas on preparing our fowl. Should we roast or fry? Let us not forget the smoker. Brine, wet or dry, or should we bother at all? Let us talk turkey.

deep fried
    "Virtute et armis"

Girls play with dolls. Men play with dead animals

https://www.uso.org

Islam is right about women

sde: Because it was trolling and by damn God, that's what we fucking do here. Always have, always will

#learn2code

Epstein didn't kill himself & neither did Qassem Soleimani

Eric Ciaramella is the whistle blower

Comment

I roast mine. It's just the way we do, in my family. I carry the turkey tradition.

It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

No guts, no glory. All pain, and fury.

Comment

Turkey sucks ass. unless wild.

ham 4 me

Comment

Originally posted by rab View Post
          Turkey sucks ass. unless wild.

ham 4 me
          Agree. Brisket for me
          Tuesday is soylent green day

Comment

I love a fried turkey, tis true. Tradition for my clan is a 40 hour wet brine followed by low and slow in the roasting pan. Hearken to the days of yon, who remembers watching for the red popper to signal the turkey was done? Was that on the Butterball's?

Comment

Originally posted by T Ord View Post
              I love a fried turkey, tis true. Tradition for my clan is a 40 hour wet brine followed by low and slow in the roasting pan. Hearken to the days of yon, who remembers watching for the red popper to signal the turkey was done? Was that on the Butterball's?
              My mother was a great cook. I didn't know that when I was young. I just thought every mom made good food. No.

I've been the cook for the last 20 years. My wife tries to boil eggs in the toaster. The kitchen is a no-go zone for her.

I make a great turkey dinner.
              ------------

Comment

Originally posted by Steve28 View Post

My mother was a great cook. I didn't know that when I was young. I just thought every mom made good food. No.

I've been the cook for the last 20 years. My wife tries to boil eggs in the toaster. The kitchen is a no-go zone for her.

I make a great turkey dinner.
                To be fair, her people's eat raw meat.

Train her better.

It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyHauler View Post

To be fair, her people's eat raw meat.
                  Not a joke, she really does/did. Whale blubber (muktuk), oh God she loves that, raw caribou and fish too. But they eat that frozen. Not muktuk, other meats are frozen when eating,
                  ------------

Comment

Originally posted by Night View Post

Agree. Brisket for me
                    Agree. I hoping my brother bbq's ribs again.
                    Screw diplomacy...........bring it!

Comment

Originally posted by Radio View Post
                      We're smoking our turkey using apple, cherry, and apricot wood.
                      We smoked a turkey one and stuffed oranges in his cavity and basted it with orange juice. It was actually a juicy turkey
                      Tuesday is soylent green day

Comment

We're not having turkey this year in our Confederate remembrance meal. We're doing Italian food. Home made lasagne, manicotti, and other things. I don't know exactly what my dad is making but he said he didn't want turkey.
                        https://csagovernment.org/index.html

http://deovindice.org/

http://dixienet.org/

http://leagueofthesouth.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Radio View Post
                          We're smoking our turkey using apple, cherry, and apricot wood.
                          How long does that take?
                          Screw diplomacy...........bring it!

Comment

It will be a smoked turkey for me. I usually brine but, I'm intrigued by Night's experience with oranges. I usually cook ham or a venison haunch to accompany the turkey.
                            Give a man a match, & he'll be warm for 20 seconds. But toss that man a white phosphorus grenade and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I wanna smoke a turkery.

Comment

Working...
                              X