Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rant

I have my phone on a friend's family phone plan. I pay her three months at a time, so a sizable (to me) amount.

I paid first of October for phone through end of the year.

Today she informs me she can't pay the bill and phones will be shut off Sunday. I have no other phone and a mother sinking into Alzheimer's who calls me constantly.

Her next two checks are spoken for with rent and insurance, so a motherfucking month without a phone all because she lives way beyond her means.

I bailed her out a year ago when this happened to the tune of $400 (which she did pay back) but I'm not doing it this time as she's falling further and further behind.

I FUCKING HATE STUPID PEOPLE

Rant over
    Tuesday is soylent green day

Me too. I won't add my stories of being fucked over. Yours the relevant one now. damn.
    Go Space Force!!!

Comment

Is a prepaid account out of the question for you? My kids have prepaid att accounts. Runs them 45 bucks a month or so and they get good reception.

Comment

The phone co might make you a deal. Hopefully.
        Bigger the Government, the smaller the Citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by rover View Post
          The phone co might make you a deal. Hopefully.

Nope. The price is more than triple for me to get my own.

Due to where I am, I don't get much choice of the little carriers because of bad reception.
          Tuesday is soylent green day

Comment

That's terrible, Night. You need a phone ASAP with your mom. Not nice.

I'd check into Harvey's idea of a pre-paid. I had one for years.

Comment

PrePay.
              Get the 100$ cards if you go that route, your per minute rate is much better and you often get bonus minutes. Had a throw away phone for years that I ran like that. Then I went legit. Pay with cash, always, untraceable.
              ~" If you suck ass long enough, pretty soon you start choking on shit."~

Comment

Originally posted by Crow View Post
                PrePay. Pay with cash, always, untraceable.

don't hate the player yo.

Go Space Force!!!

Comment

true true, just hope night makes it through the game. seeing right now she got hosed with the $.
                  ~" If you suck ass long enough, pretty soon you start choking on shit."~

Comment

Come on guys. There's a Walmart in every town. How much you need for a plan to activate Nighty?
                    Bigger the Government, the smaller the Citizen.

Comment

Come on guys. There's a Walmart in every town. How much you need for a plan to activate Nighty?

i'll suporther...go fund nighty.com
                      "Virtute et armis"

Girls play with dolls. Men play with dead animals

https://www.uso.org

Islam is right about women

sde: Because it was trolling and by damn God, that's what we fucking do here. Always have, always will

#learn2code

Epstein didn't kill himself & neither did Qassem Soleimani

Eric Ciaramella is the whistle blower

Comment

I had that thought at first, but

1. She is pretty independent. I would be happy to help if she will take it.
                        2. I don't know how we can do this without her information being out there. If someone knows a way....

So....... if she approves it, and if we find a way to protect her privacy.......... I am in for sure.
                        Go Space Force!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayaca View Post

I had that thought at first, but

1. She is pretty independent. I would be happy to help if she will take it.
                          2. I don't know how we can do this without her information being out there. If someone knows a way....

So....... if she approves it, and if we find a way to protect her privacy.......... I am in for sure.

you betcha
                          "Virtute et armis"

Girls play with dolls. Men play with dead animals

https://www.uso.org

Islam is right about women

sde: Because it was trolling and by damn God, that's what we fucking do here. Always have, always will

#learn2code

Epstein didn't kill himself & neither did Qassem Soleimani

Eric Ciaramella is the whistle blower

Comment

I have a galaxy S5 sitting in the drawer of an end table in my living room. Its activated and costs me about 45 bucks a month. It hasn't seen the light of day in weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey_Wideshaft View Post
                              Is a prepaid account out of the question for you? My kids have prepaid att accounts. Runs them 45 bucks a month or so and they get good reception.
                              That is dear. finally, something that is more expensive in the US than in NZ.

I pay $30 a month NZ dollars (maybe $20 US) and get 2 gigs data + unlimited texts + 100 mins calling a month, with rollover so whatever I don't use this month rolls over to next month.

Given that I am hooked up to the wifi at home and at work when I'm there, I currently have 800 mins and 5.43gb that I can use.

Night you have to disentangle yourself from your lovely cousin. that or ask how much it will cost you to go solo, and ask if that is a contribution you can make to her crisis, on the basis that you both sit down and create a functioning budget in excel so she never finds herself in the shit again.

I think the latter plan of bailout WITH BUDGETING is a good final move before canning it and going solo. It's your best possible outcome: that you continue the deal and that she learn how to budget. Room must always be given for the best possible outcome.

Comment

Working...
                              X