Venison Tenderloin Medallions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venison Tenderloin Medallions

Venison Tenderloin Medallions with sauteed green beans and Irish colcannon are on the menu for this evening. What are your favorite recipes for medallions?

Originally posted by T Ord View Post
    Venison Tenderloin Medallions with sauteed green beans and Irish colcannon are on the menu for this evening. What are your favorite recipes for medallions?
    Ain't never had a medallion, what part of the deer is that?
    It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

No guts, no glory. All pain, and fury.

Comment

Butterfly cut, salt, pepper, garlic, oil/butter, quickly seared, pink on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyHauler View Post

Ain't never had a medallion, what part of the deer is that?
        A slice of backstrap/tenderloin about half of an inch or a little more
        Give a man a match, & he'll be warm for 20 seconds. But toss that man a white phosphorus grenade and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by bladesmith View Post

Salt, pepper, fried to medium.

Comment

Originally posted by bladesmith View Post

Why not just eat the whole thing, instead of a tiny snack?
            It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

Comment

Why not just eat the whole thing, instead of a tiny snack?
              snack pack.
              Beware the ApE πŸ‘£

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

Comment

I fried them in a cast iron skillet, seasoned with salt and pepper. I topped them with a simple blueberry sauce that complimented the colcannon. We enjoyed it.

Comment

I fried them in a cast iron skillet, seasoned with salt and pepper. I topped them with a simple blueberry sauce that complimented the colcannon. We enjoyed it.
                  Blueberry sauce? You mean jam, right?

Comment

Blueberry sauce? You mean jam, right?
                    Egads, you uncouth Canuk! A sauce made from blueberries, shallots, thyme, and a little sugar.

Comment

Egads, you uncouth Canuk! A sauce made from blueberries, shallots, thyme, and a little sugar.
                      So kind of like jam, almost?

Where's the gravy, and why isn't it on the venison?

And potatoes, where are they?

You should post photos of the meals you make, I'd like to see them. Some of them sound good.

Comment

I posted pics waaay back. I paneed them and served them during a saints game. Glad i pit 3 on the side for me! Fuclers at my house ate 3(?) straps worth in minutes. Greedy little fuckers forgot the food on their plate and just kept.grabbing.
                        "I wasn't meant to be a soldier. I was a cheese maker. I MADE FUCKING CHEESE!"

Comment

cook the fillet as one, slice just before serving. bearnaise sauce. always. and chuck the beans. yuck. Some nice home-made kumara chips and a salad maybe? with the little button tomatoes.

Comment

Working...
                          X