T Ord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T Ord

T Ord I need your help, I wanna bake some "ancient" grain type breads; do you know what I'm talking about?

Can you help me figure out with what I need and how to go about it?

I've only baked white bread before.

Also, I plan on using normal yeast. So don't recommend your obscurity yeasts please.
    It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

No guts, no glory. All pain, and fury.

Originally posted by HeavyHauler View Post
    T Ord I need your help, I wanna bake some "ancient" grain type breads; do you know what I'm talking about?

Can you help me figure out with what I need and how to go about it?

I've only baked white bread before.

Also, I plan on using normal yeast. So don't recommend your obscurity yeasts please.
    like unleavened bread?

Comment

unleavened bread is good.

Comment

Hey Red.
        It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

Comment

I have some wheat berries from the shuff they found in one of the pyramids. It's like 7 or 8th generation now. I'll include some in that box I haven't mailed you yet.
          Mid your grinding your own wheat, try soaking them in water for about 3 days then dry them for a day before grinding.

Bigger the Government, the smaller the Citizen.

Comment

What sort of grains can grow up there? Rye? Oat?

Comment

In my area? Probably not much. Though I could try.

Comment

There is a University at the very North End of Utah called ( believe it or not) Utah State University. They are an agricultural school and have created a fast growing wheat grain that only grows 6 to 10 inches tall. It was created for NASA to grow on the Space Station in vertical rows. If I understand correctly though they will send out a small packet of seeds to "educational" places for testing and to keep the crop from being lost if a blight occured.
                if you know somebody whose credentials you could borrow, or maybe they could do it for you, write a letter asking about the seeds. Then you could start growing a crop then might actually survive long enough to be harvested even in the cold North. My thought is a greenhouse might extend your growing season two maybe three months?

Comment

Originally posted by KeesterKoben View Post
                  There is a University at the very North End of Utah called ( believe it or not) Utah State University. They are an agricultural school and have created a fast growing wheat grain that only grows 6 to 10 inches tall. It was created for NASA to grow on the Space Station in vertical rows. If I understand correctly though they will send out a small packet of seeds to "educational" places for testing and to keep the crop from being lost if a blight occured.
                  if you know somebody whose credentials you could borrow, or maybe they could do it for you, write a letter asking about the seeds. Then you could start growing a crop then might actually survive long enough to be harvested even in the cold North. My thought is a greenhouse might extend your growing season two maybe three months?
                  And here I was, just gonna take bark from trees to use!

I guess I could always store grains if it came down to it.

Comment

Originally posted by KeesterKoben View Post
                    What sort of grains can grow up there? Rye? Oat?
                    In my area? Probably not much. Though I could try.
                    rape?

Comment

Originally posted by swampbilly View Post

rape?
                      That might land me some prison time, no thanks.

I don't think the soil is very good here for grains. There is barely soil in most spots, lots of clay underneath what we do have.

Theyre thinking of opening up a north part of town so people can "farm", well I'm not sure most of these people realize that they're gonna have to import soil and do a whole lot of work just to make it viable. Never mind all the trees to be taken down and their trunks and roots pulled out.

I wanna buy some of this land, if it's cheap enough. I have ways to deal with it.

Comment

That might land me some prison time, no thanks.

I don't think the soil is very good here for grains. There is barely soil in most spots, lots of clay underneath what we do have.

Theyre thinking of opening up a north part of town so people can "farm", well I'm not sure most of these people realize that they're gonna have to import soil and do a whole lot of work just to make it viable. Never mind all the trees to be taken down and their trunks and roots pulled out.

I wanna buy some of this land, if it's cheap enough. I have ways to deal with it.
                        Canada is #1 in exporting rape, i believe.......

Comment

I heard a rumor they are very polite in the prisons.

Comment

Working...
                          X