Oatmeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oatmeal

This is the official oatmeal thread. All oatmeal related threads will be moved here, or deleted, whichever is appropriate.
    I don't know.

I made oatmeal cookies last week and every few days a fresh batch of oatmeal in the Ninja Cooker. I love that thing.

Comment

Does Cream o Wheat count? Is there a cookie recipe?
      ~" If you suck ass long enough, pretty soon you start choking on shit."~

Comment

Tell me: is oatmeal actual meal made of oats, or is it just oats that are crushed?

Over here we have rolled oats, and we cook them into porridge. At no point do we experience 'oatmeal'.

Comment

Originally posted by Absolutely! View Post
          Tell me: is oatmeal actual meal made of oats, or is it just oats that are crushed?

Over here we have rolled oats, and we cook them into porridge. At no point do we experience 'oatmeal'.
          My theory is that oatmeal is the sweepings left over from rolling the oats. A bit like creamed corn. Somehow, they've convinced people to eat what should be sold as animal feed.

Comment

I make oatmeal pancakes with butter, bananas and cinnamon. That shit is on point!

"L E X - T A L I O N I S"

Comment

It looks like this, Abs.

I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by gamgee View Post

It looks like this, Abs.

Thanks gamgee - they look like what I'd just call oats.

Here's rolled oats, you can see they have sort of been squashed. this breaks them open and makes them easier to cook.

editing becuase I realise yours have some squashed too. Just perhaps less are squashed.

Comment

Thanks gamgee - they look like what I'd just call oats.

Here's rolled oats, you can see they have sort of been squashed. this breaks them open and makes them easier to cook.

editing becuase I realise yours have some squashed too. Just perhaps less are squashed.

My picture was supposed to be rolled oats. That's what we cook for breakfast. Boil and cook for five minutes. There's the instant kind, too.

It's all allowed here.

Someone needs to tell TK to take his cream of wheat elsewhere.
                  I don't know.

Comment

My picture was supposed to be rolled oats. That's what we cook for breakfast. Boil and cook for five minutes. There's the instant kind, too.

It's all allowed here.

Someone needs to tell TK to take his cream of wheat elsewhere.
                    sounds like the same thing then. We have them finer or coarser depending on what porridge we like. Cook it runny or thick depending on how we like to eat it.

I like mine medium thick. Cooked 1/2 & 1/2 in milk & water, 1 lge pinch salt per person, I then pour into a plate, create an island of porridge with a sea of milk around, sprinkle with brown sugar and then eat round the outside till it's all gone. That way the milk always cools the next bite...

Comment

I will as soon as they get out. 😛

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...db54dcd316.jpg

Comment

sounds like the same thing then. We have them finer or coarser depending on what porridge we like. Cook it runny or thick depending on how we like to eat it.

I like mine medium thick. Cooked 1/2 & 1/2 in milk & water, 1 lge pinch salt per person, I then pour into a plate, create an island of porridge with a sea of milk around, sprinkle with brown sugar and then eat round the outside till it's all gone. That way the milk always cools the next bite...

I like to put raisins in mine.
                        I don't know.

Comment

I like to put raisins in mine.
                          I remember on camp one february, it was st patricks day. the girls on cooking put green food colouring and raisins in the porridge. Most of us couldn't eat it.

Comment

I remember on camp one february, it was st patricks day. the girls on cooking put green food colouring and raisins in the porridge. Most of us couldn't eat it.
                            I bet Patrick would have.

It's in March here, not February.
                            I don't know.

Comment

lol March 17, not Feb 17th. u r right. Soz bro.

Comment

Working...
                              X