Odinism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odinism

Odinism is gaining popularity. I admit I do have some interest in the Old Gods, but I know they are not the true path. Perhaps interest in today's society is sparked by the series "Vikings" more than anything else, but a study of Odinism can open so many doors to tales of battle and lore. Have any of you dabled in the old ways?
    Give a man a match, & he'll be warm for 20 seconds. But toss that man a white phosphorus grenade and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Give a man a match, & he'll be warm for 20 seconds. But toss that man a white phosphorus grenade and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

So how do you "know" they are not the true path? There is no way to "know" the true path, only believe you are on the true path.
      Screw diplomacy...........bring it!

Comment

The Odinism movement has been around since the 30's. It is really popular with white supremists groups in prisons. It is one of the many returns to paganism that happened in the 1900's. I used to be friends with a druid whose group had supposedly been around since the 30's too. (At least one of the books he had was published back then,) Nothing new. I think in the 70's and 80's there was big growth in all things pagan.

I went back and reread some stuff when I saw this. Interesting stuff.
        Go Space Force!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rokitman View Post
          So how do you "know" they are not the true path? There is no way to "know" the true path, only believe you are on the true path.
          True, it is my belief

Comment

It's popular with the muscle bound homosexuals in prison.

Comment

I named my child after a Norse God, Tyr.
              It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

No guts, no glory. All pain, and fury.

Comment

Originally posted by bladesmith View Post
                Odinism is gaining popularity. I admit I do have some interest in the Old Gods, but I know they are not the true path. Perhaps interest in today's society is sparked by the series "Vikings" more than anything else, but a study of Odinism can open so many doors to tales of battle and lore. Have any of you dabled in the old ways?
                I've certainly read all the myths and legends and really did enjoy the couple of Dirk Gently books by douglas adams... but I did get into a hurr of a fight with someone who has not spoken to me since, regarding the ability of someone to go 'religion shopping'.

Goes, looks at all the religions that are/were out there, chooses one they think is coolest and then sits down, grunts and strains a bit and then pop... 'woo, i believe'. "did Odin come down in a shower of gold", I asked, "and you were forced to believe?"

No, you don't fuckin believe. You're just playing games to have something to say when people say 'who do you believe in?'

Comment

Is Odinism the one where they talk about circles all the time?

My bro in law has a relative who was talking about how everything is circles, the earths orbit etc.

I hated to tell him that the orbits of the planets are ellipses.

Comment

I think it's okay to not be a true believer and enjoy a religion for it's history and tradition. I actually think most people fit in to that category. So go balls out with some Odin shit. Sounds tight.

I'm fully commited to Satan myself.
                    -Name

Comment

Satan may actually be the good guy. What's the best way to defeat or punish someone? Misinformation!
                      Screw diplomacy...........bring it!

Comment

Maybe the circle they were talking about was the swinging of their sword in a circular motion above their heads while charging into battle.

Just a thought, I'll be watching this video and eating popcorn.

Comment

I have more faith in many gods, rather than one God.
                          It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

No guts, no glory. All pain, and fury.

Comment

Originally posted by rokitman View Post
                            Satan may actually be the good guy. What's the best way to defeat or punish someone? Misinformation!
                            Biblically and historically God (Biblical) has been the source of all evil. Lucifer economic with the true in the garden of eden and killed 2?........blamed for everything since.

Comment

Originally posted by bladesmith View Post
                              Lots of fanboys on FB keep referring to themselves as viking

Comment

Working...
                              X