Votes are private.
    Yes
    58.33%
    No
    41.67%

dew ya beweave in chicken shit

Comment

Comment

Evidently not. I get lots of campaign stuff from the Republicans even though I am not one, but tend to vote for them mostly. I never get anything from Democrats, probably because I never vote for them.
        Screw diplomacy...........bring it!

Comment

No, for the most part. At least when I hear it in person. I can tell when someone is bullshitting.

Look at their body language and their eyes, it will tell you all you need to know.

Online, it's a lot harder to tell.

But you didn't have a sometimes option, so I won't be voting.
          It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

No guts, no glory. All pain, and fury.

Comment

Never watched it, good?
            It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

No guts, no glory. All pain, and fury.

Comment

• “There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” – C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Unclefred View Post
                • “There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” – C.S. Lewis
                Great example of BS.
                ------------

Comment

Originally posted by Steve28 View Post

Great example of BS.
                  why
                  Beware the ApE 👣

🇺🇸

Comment

Originally posted by RedHawkSteel View Post

why
                    I'm not familiar with that quote but it sounds to me like he's talking about death and saying something greater lies beyond, the same crap most religions try to feed us. I don't believe Sugarcandy Mountain exists. If Mr Lewis was talking about something else then I apologize for my misinterpretation of his words.
                    ------------

Comment

“There are better things ahead than any we leave behind.”

Lewis actually did say this, but not in the context it is so often used. It is not some trite expression of optimism about the future. He was not giving some syrupy graduation speech to tell you all your dreams will come true. It was written to a woman facing a looming death.

In Letters to an American Lady, Lewis wrote these words to Mary Willis Shelburne who, being old and frail, was discussing the end of her life. Unbeknownst to him, Lewis was only five months away from his own death.

The question immediately before this line gives a better understanding of what Lewis means with this statement. “Has this world been so kind to you that you should leave it with regret?” He wrote those words to remind her of the glory that would be hers after she walked through the valley of death.

Comment

Steve28

as a read man, ima sure yew know Lewis, even i have read him............and ima dummy

every child read Narnia, know?

Comment

Originally posted by swampbilly View Post
                          Steve28

as a read man, ima sure yew know Lewis, even i have read him............and ima dummy
                          No, I've heard the name but I don't know that I've read anything of his. There are large gaps in my knowledge though I try not to advertise that. I did interpret his quote correctly, thanks for the backup there.
                          ------------

Comment

Originally posted by Steve28 View Post

No, I've heard the name but I don't know that I've read anything of his. There are large gaps in my knowledge though I try not to advertise that. I did interpret his quote correctly, thanks for the backup there.
                            why knot read him now?

good read whilst sitting in a tree stand hoping a dear dunt come by........

Comment

Originally posted by swampbilly View Post

why knot read him now?

good read whilst sitting in a tree stand hoping a dear dunt come by........
                              I looked him up, I did read those Narnia books when I was a teen and he had something to do with Tolkien too, right? Tolkien I remember reading. The last decade or so there hasn't been much time to read. It's been kids everywhere so reading is online or Reader's Digest on the crapper. When the kids are grown I'll be able to take a book to the bedroom and read for a few hours again. Looking forward to that.
                              ------------

Comment

Working...
                              X