Video Security System / Ring Video Doorbell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Security System / Ring Video Doorbell

Looking for an outdoor video surveillance system, wireless, with an IOS app so I can check the property wherever I am. Low budget. Any recommendations?

I installed a Ring Video Doorbell. It works over wifi, alerts my phone when motion is sensed or someone is at the door. I can then see who is at the door from my phone, and talk to them where ever I am - in the house, at work, on vacation. The person at the door never knows you're not at home. Video recordings are immediately sent to the cloud. ($3 a month subscription) Very good resolution, nice wide angle, with night imaging. $199.00

https://ring.com/

I know that those companies like ADT are usually pretty cheap and will set up things like you described that you wanted.
    "L E X - T A L I O N I S"

Comment

Originally posted by Talon View Post
      I know that those companies like ADT are usually pretty cheap and will set up things like you described that you wanted.
      But they usually want $40+ each month for monitoring. She said CHEAP
      Tuesday is soylent green day

Comment

I'm guessing that there is a way to have them set it up so that you can monitor it yourself. I knew a guy that did that, but I didn't ask the particulars, or which company it was. All alarms went to his phone, and he could monitor the cameras himself. He also gave some other people the pass code to monitor them from their own phones and laptops.
        "L E X - T A L I O N I S"

Comment

dunt need dat hi-tech shit.......

my GSD ates the fuckers
          "Virtute et armis"

Girls play with dolls. Men play with dead animals

https://www.uso.org

Islam is right about women

sde: Because it was trolling and by damn God, that's what we fucking do here. Always have, always will

#learn2code

Epstein didn't kill himself & neither did Qassem Soleimani

Eric Ciaramella is the whistle blower

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheStars View Post
            Looking for an outdoor video surveillance system, wireless, with an IOS app so I can check the property wherever I am. Low budget. Any recommendations?

I installed a Ring Video Doorbell. It works over wifi, alerts my phone when motion is sensed or someone is at the door. I can then see who is at the door from my phone, and talk to them where ever I am - in the house, at work, on vacation. The person at the door never knows you're not at home. Video recordings are immediately sent to the cloud. ($3 a month subscription) Very good resolution, nice wide angle, with night imaging. $199.00

https://ring.com/

I think that you should brick over the front door, just to watch the expressions on their faces.
            I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Talon View Post
              I'm guessing that there is a way to have them set it up so that you can monitor it yourself. I knew a guy that did that, but I didn't ask the particulars, or which company it was. All alarms went to his phone, and he could monitor the cameras himself. He also gave some other people the pass code to monitor them from their own phones and laptops.
              Yes, that's the kind I'm looking for. Self-monitoring. Outdoor wireless cameras, broadcasts to your phone. Sometimes they have a DVR for recording, and/or a cloud.

Something like this, but still looking..

http://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Meg...deo+camera+app

Comment

Originally posted by gamgee View Post

I think that you should brick over the front door, just to watch the expressions on their faces.
                Ha, I like that.

I think we're going to start yelling at everyone through the speaker: GET OFF MY LAWN!!! Then play a recording of a bunch of dogs barking.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheStars View Post
                  Ha, I like that.

I think we're going to start yelling at everyone through the speaker: GET OFF MY LAWN!!! Then play a recording of a bunch of dogs barking.

just get a good olt gsd..turn her loose on em
                  "Virtute et armis"

sde: Because it was trolling and by damn God, that's what we fucking do here. Always have, always will

#learn2code

Comment

So far the Ring Doorbell works really well. Setup was very easy. I had to tweak the motion ranges to bring the field of vision a bit closer to the house; I had it set too wide. As soon as it senses motion, our phones go off with an alert that someone is at the front door. I was at work today and got a couple of alerts, and could see who was at the door. If I needed to, I could talk with them. Everything is recording immediately into the cloud. I like it.

Comment

why not set them up @360 around your adobe then?
                      "Virtute et armis"

#learn2code

Comment

Originally posted by swampbilly View Post
                        why not set them up @360 around your adobe then?
                        Some people do that, but it's too expensive for me.

Comment

Working...
                        X