Moral dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moral dilemma

So I love my new vehicle. It is simply awesome. I am parking it where I always parked the last one, which is on the side of the house under the edge of an oak tree. This has been my spot at this house for over a year since we bought the house.

Just in the last week I have been annoyed to find my vehicle covered in bird crap in the morning every morning. I tried moving it back a little farther, and the crap has become hit and miss.

Now, if I go outside just at dusk, I can see the bird sitting on the branch right over my ride.

I have always felt like killing should be done for valid cause. I am not squeamish at all. I hunt, fish, etc.

But this would not be hunting for food. It would be killing for convenience. I simply don't want to wash off bird crap every morning. And I am worried that it will have a deleterious effect on the paint.

I would just relocate completely but there is nowhere else to park, and I would have to cut most of the limbs off the tree to remove the perch.

So I am torn..... kill and make my own daily existence more pleasant? Or consign myself to cleaning crap off the vehicle daily.

Go Space Force!!!

Kill, kill, and kill again. Feather your nest with the trophies of the slain.

Comment

Kill the birds and eat them. Moral dilemma solved. You're welcome.
      "L E X - T A L I O N I S"

Comment

Get a really big cat to eat them. Maybe like a tiger.
        What?

Comment

Kill it and leave it in the yard so that other creatures use it for sustenance. Or just kill it and run it over with the lawn mower to teach all the other birds a lesson about alphas.

Comment

It's a fucking car that's going to rust eventually.
            Tuesday is soylent green day

Comment

Originally posted by Night View Post
              It's a fucking car that's going to rust eventually.
              No. It isnt. Not a car. Not going to rust. I have a very special paint job on it, which is part of why I dont want it compromised.
              Go Space Force!!!

Comment

If you are going to kill it, like a puss, at least hang it from the branches with some dental floss.

As a warning to others.
                ~" If you suck ass long enough, pretty soon you start choking on shit."~

Comment

Originally posted by Mayaca View Post

No. It isnt. Not a car. Not going to rust. I have a very special paint job on it, which is part of why I dont want it compromised.
                  Is it the chrome?

By the way; I'd let the bird shit on your car, on your head, on everything and just keep cleaning it.

It will teach you a few things, reflect and meditate on it every day; you'll see what I mean.
                  It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

No guts, no glory. All pain, and fury.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyHauler View Post

Is it the chrome?

By the way; I'd let the bird shit on your car, on your head, on everything and just keep cleaning it.

It will teach you a few things, reflect and meditate on it every day; you'll see what I mean.
                    Finally some mature advice.
                    Go Space Force!!!

Comment

This paint job is pretty similar to my truck. I picked it off of the site where I got mine. Kevlar liner paint job....

So the part of it damaging the paint was sort of an exaggeration, it would take a nuclear blast to really hurt it.

Mostly I just don't like washing off the bird crap every day........

Go Space Force!!!

Comment

That is a tough one. I like animals. Hell, I like bugs too. Everything has a purpose. I guess I would kill it and feed it to something. Nothing wrong with that is there?
                        No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it. -Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Mayaca View Post

This paint job is pretty similar to my truck. I picked it off of the site where I got mine. Kevlar liner paint job....

So the part of it damaging the paint was sort of an exaggeration, it would take a nuclear blast to really hurt it.

Mostly I just don't like washing off the bird crap every day........
                          As an adult, we do things that we don't like every day. It's called compromise.

That bird made it's home in that tree; it shits from it's toilet perch in that tree.

Live with it, learn some new things and someday; it will die on it's own. When it does, you'll miss that bird shitting on your car; because in the end, you'll realize it taught you some stuff and you came to love it.

Trust me, I know.

Don't be so lazy, and don't take the easy way out.
                          It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

No guts, no glory. All pain, and fury.

Comment

you'll miss that bird shitting on your car;

you came to love it.

Okay, I can get on board with most of that.... but "love it" and "miss it shitting on my car?"

not so much.

So can I just trap it and relocate it to a tree over your car?
                            Go Space Force!!!

Comment

As an adult, we do things that we don't like every day. It's called compromise.

That bird made it's home in that tree; it shits from it's toilet perch in that tree.

Live with it, learn some new things and someday; it will die on it's own. When it does, you'll miss that bird shitting on your car; because in the end, you'll realize it taught you some stuff and you came to love it.

Trust me, I know.

Don't be so lazy, and don't take the easy way out.
                              He could salt brine and smoke it. :-) Now what?

Comment

Working...
                              X