Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beauty school dropout

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Beauty school dropout

    Ok, so I'm not a beauty school dropout, but I am feeling like one. I have 3 classes left to finish my BA in Human Resources. I don't know if I will succeed. A while ago I dropped out due to life and struggling with a class. I dropped Quantitative Business and I have to take it again in a couple weeks, or I cannot graduate. The problem is that I can only take it online and my advisor told me it is not a class I can take somewhere else in person. Math doesn't come easy for me so I took statistics and accounting classes in person. I can bedazzle my way through a 20 page paper and get an A, but I can't sprinkle fairy dust on numbers and make them do what I want. QB is all about forecasting, which I will not need for my job.

    I wanted to get a degree in English, but it was going to take a year longer and cost thousands more. Here I am at the end of this degree and may have to give it up.

    The only thing I can do right now is hire a tutor and hope for the best.
    No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it. -Einstein

    #2
    Have you ever used Khan Academy? It's a free site that walks you through a lot of college level math concepts (as well as a tons of other things). I've used it for a lot of my higher level programming classes.
    What?

    Comment


      #3
      D's get degrees.
      This sig didn't cost me any money.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Jenn View Post
        Have you ever used Khan Academy? It's a free site that walks you through a lot of college level math concepts (as well as a tons of other things). I've used it for a lot of my higher level programming classes.
        I have not used it. The work in this book looks like a foreign language to me. This is one of the few classes I can get a D in and pass. I'm going to aim high and shoot for a D-. I'm not sure if people can be retarded in a specific area, but if they can be, I am retarded in math.
        No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it. -Einstein

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Harlequin View Post

          I have not used it. The work in this book looks like a foreign language to me. This is one of the few classes I can get a D in and pass. I'm going to aim high and shoot for a D-. I'm not sure if people can be retarded in a specific area, but if they can be, I am retarded in math.
          I have also aimed for a D- in a class and been happy when I received it. Good luck!

          What?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Harlequin View Post

            I have not used it. The work in this book looks like a foreign language to me. This is one of the few classes I can get a D in and pass. I'm going to aim high and shoot for a D-. I'm not sure if people can be retarded in a specific area, but if they can be, I am retarded in math.

            I'm right behind you sweetheart. I don't even know the times tables.

            I too struggled through the math for a business degree (fat lot of good the degree gave me, but that's another rant).

            Have you checked on line for tutorials?

            It's a shame it's not in person. Then I'd tell you to find a geek that can't write a simple sentence in English and do their papers and they help you with math. It's how I got through
            Tuesday is soylent green day

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Night View Post


              I'm right behind you sweetheart. I don't even know the times tables.

              I too struggled through the math for a business degree (fat lot of good the degree gave me, but that's another rant).

              Have you checked on line for tutorials?

              It's a shame it's not in person. Then I'd tell you to find a geek that can't write a simple sentence in English and do their papers and they help you with math. It's how I got through
              I have a friend of a friend thing that might work. My friend knows a retired math teacher who might tutor me. I don't really care what he charges, but I will have to buy two books. I had someone lined up to help last time and tried to do the first week's work on my own. I went to him for help and he said it was so difficult he would need a week to get through each chapter with me. By then it was too late, I would have failed the first week and I chose to withdraw because I got most of the money back.
              No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it. -Einstein

              Comment


                #8
                I wish I was closer. Math is one thing that always came easily for me. While in high school I tutored my dad (high school drop out ged hard life guy) through college calculus and advanced theoretical mathematics or some such gobbledy gook.


                I could always deal with numbers more easily than people.....
                Go Space Force!!!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Mayaca View Post
                  I wish I was closer. Math is one thing that always came easily for me. While in high school I tutored my dad (high school drop out ged hard life guy) through college calculus and advanced theoretical mathematics or some such gobbledy gook.


                  I could always deal with numbers more easily than people.....
                  Academically, the only thing that has ever came easily to me is reading. That ability has gotten me through everything so far, as long as I had a good prof if numbers were part of the class. Math or numbers online is challenging, who'd a thunk?
                  No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it. -Einstein

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Harlequin View Post

                    I have a friend of a friend thing that might work. My friend knows a retired math teacher who might tutor me. I don't really care what he charges, but I will have to buy two books. I had someone lined up to help last time and tried to do the first week's work on my own. I went to him for help and he said it was so difficult he would need a week to get through each chapter with me. By then it was too late, I would have failed the first week and I chose to withdraw because I got most of the money back.

                    what books you looking for?

                    i may have them
                    "Virtute et armis"

                    Girls play with dolls. Men play with dead animals

                    https://www.uso.org

                    Islam is right about women

                    sde: Because it was trolling and by damn God, that's what we fucking do here. Always have, always will

                    #learn2code

                    Epstein didn't kill himself & neither did Qassem Soleimani

                    Eric Ciaramella is the whistle blower

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I hope you finish. Good luck!
                      A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!


                      https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...db54dcd316.jpg

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by swampbilly View Post


                        what books you looking for?

                        i may have them
                        One may be the bible...cuz she's gonna need a miracle...Ba dum dum tsssh
                        Textually Active

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Harry Henderson View Post

                          One may be the bible...cuz she's gonna need a miracle...Ba dum dum tsssh
                          Got a few of 'em
                          No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it. -Einstein

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Harry Henderson View Post

                            One may be the bible...cuz she's gonna need a miracle...Ba dum dum tsssh

                            Harlequin if worse comes to worse . . . you can always proposition the professor
                            Tuesday is soylent green day

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I was talking to a guy in class last night. He's an A/B student and it took him 3 tries to pass it. I guess I shouldn't be so dramatic, I can take it till I pass. It'll suck to pay for, but eventually I can get that D-.
                              No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it. -Einstein

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X