Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft is gonna ruin the ocean

http://money.cnn.com/2016/02/01/tech...ter/index.html

Microsoft is looking into building huge data centers in the ocean. Data centers put off loads of heat so building them in cold water will save them tons of money in the long run.
    What?

I can't see it from my house.
    Go Space Force!!!

Comment

"Microsoft claims that the underwater data centers' net heat will be zero, since it is completely powered by the ocean itself -- a confusing, but scientifically accurate, theory. It also found that the noise its underwater data center produced was drowned out by nearby shrimp and crabs. The data centers are also built from recyclable materials, and Microsoft believes that the total carbon footprint of underwater data centers will be "dramatically lower" than current land-based centers."

Bill Gates is saving the planet! He should get an Al Gore award or something.
      ------------

Comment

Whenever I go diving I wish that those shrimp and crabs would shut up.

Comment

We have to keep the wheels of progress turning. It's too late to stop now.
          I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve28 View Post
            "Microsoft claims that the underwater data centers' net heat will be zero, since it is completely powered by the ocean itself -- a confusing, but scientifically accurate, theory. It also found that the noise its underwater data center produced was drowned out by nearby shrimp and crabs. The data centers are also built from recyclable materials, and Microsoft believes that the total carbon footprint of underwater data centers will be "dramatically lower" than current land-based centers."

Bill Gates is saving the planet! He should get an Al Gore award or something.

Yeah his underwater data centers won't ruin the oceans and google's underwater data centers wont ruin the oceans and maybe IBM's data centers won't ruin the ocean but eventually someone's going to have to apologize to the fish for building silicon valley 2 off the cost of Washington in the middle of (what Disney has lead me to believe is a beautiful magical) a coral reef.
            What?

Comment

It's a good idea, that will lead to other great ideas.

However it it will never happen.

The he liberals are strong with the force.
              A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...db54dcd316.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Jenn View Post

(what Disney has lead me to believe is a beautiful magical) a coral reef.
                Maybe Arial could land a job as a data processor....
                Go Space Force!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Unclefred View Post
                  Whenever I go diving I wish that those shrimp and crabs would shut up.
                  I read this as "driving". Still more enjoyable than it should have been.
                  This sig didn't cost me any money.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayaca View Post

She isn't Indian so I doubt it would work out.
                    A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!

Comment

At what point do we stop putting shit in the ocean?? I mean, there are already flotillas of garbage. Tonnage..

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheStars View Post
                        At what point do we stop putting shit in the ocean?? I mean, there are already flotillas of garbage. Tonnage..
                        It really isn't we that is doing it. It is places like China. Raping all the fisheries and dumping all types of shit in the ocean. Until we make them stop it will continue to go bad. It's just like the money game. They don't play fair so it is hard to compete. Hence cheap China shit.

Personally, I believe China is the worlds biggest enemy. I would fully behind any attempt by us and maybe a coalition of invading them and shutting there ass down. Then make them play by the same rules.

Comment

We didn't need all this data when I was a kid. We went to the library.

We did have to talk to people in person, so it wasn't all good, but the fish were safe.
                          I don't know.

Comment

I often wondered how much shit could fit in the Marianna Trench

Comment

Originally posted by Mayaca View Post

Data processors make mad bank. She could probably but herself some bionic legs.
                              What?

Comment

Working...
                              X