Homeless Hoarders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeless Hoarders

This homeless hoarder with a block-long caravan of grocery and laundry carts was movin’ on up — really slowly — along the West Side Tuesday as area workers and residents looked on in disbelief.
    It took Sonia Gonzalez hours to move her staggering collection of junk a few feet at a time as she made her way north on Tenth Avenue from West 39th Street.
    “[I’m going] uptown, where I belong,” Gonzalez, 60, told The Post as she shouted at annoyed passers-by in Spanish.
    “I got all day.”
    The Puerto Rican native hangs out along the avenue in Hell’s Kitchen every day, and is constantly on the move with her stuff.
    On Tuesday, she was hauling 20 grocery carts, 14 laundry carts, eight suitcases, two large crates and one dolly.
    They contained mostly bottles and cans, but also everything from an air conditioner, a pink and blue Hannah Montana kids laundry hamper and a pair of New Balance sneakers to shower-curtain rods, a wire-shelving unit, a packaged down comforter, a can of soybean oil and wooden pallets and suitcases that were tied to her shopping carts with rope and plastic twine.
    A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...db54dcd316.jpg

Link with video

http://nypost.com/2016/03/09/meet-ne...eless-hoarder/
    A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!

Comment

sad, real sad
      ~" If you suck ass long enough, pretty soon you start choking on shit."~

Comment

What a country we live in, even our poor homeless people have more that they can carry in a single shopping cart

Comment

It's time to confiscate the stolen shopping carts. Bring in Bubbles for an interview.

Comment

Originally posted by Unclefred View Post
            It's time to confiscate the stolen shopping carts. Bring in Bubbles for an interview.
            Lehey would drink to that.

Shitcarts.

Comment

Cart redistribution. Why should the store have hundreds of carts when I have so few?
              Let’s Go Brandon!!!!!

Comment

A shopping cart makes a good improvisational grill in a pinch.
                https://csagovernment.org/index.html

http://deovindice.org/

http://dixienet.org/

http://leagueofthesouth.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dudeman View Post
                  A shopping cart makes a good improvisational grill in a pinch.
                  Not to mention dog cage.

If im not mistaken the mayor of NYC made it legal for homeless to steal the carts or atleast keep em.

Comment

sad, so sad. i am disappointed in the utter lack of empathy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Knightmare View Post
                      sad, so sad. i am disappointed in the utter lack of empathy.
                      I empathize, I don't get it though. If I were homeless I would be plotting my rise. Saving up pennies, nickels, and dimes until I could buy a shitty mobile home somewhere. If you watch CL, you can buy one on a little bit of land pretty cheap. You can buy a small piece of land and live in a shed, which I would do instead of pushing 20 shopping carts all day. She is obviously able to work if she can move that load.

The problem I see is that she is probably mentally unsound and our country doesn't offer enough help for them. I have a customer who battles with mental illness. We were talking about psych wards yesterday. She told me of all the ones around and how many of them have closed since she was first placed in one. The distance between is staggering, somewhere around a hundred miles apart in my area. I find that disgusting. I also find the number of animal shelters vs. human shelters shameful. There aren't too many animal shelters, but too few human shelters.

Comment

Instead of funding more nut houses we need to legalize the attitude adjustment. Every time you act crazy you can get your butt kicked and it is legal so you learn what to do and what not to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post

I empathize, I don't get it though. If I were homeless I would be plotting my rise. Saving up pennies, nickels, and dimes until I could buy a shitty mobile home somewhere. If you watch CL, you can buy one on a little bit of land pretty cheap. You can buy a small piece of land and live in a shed, which I would do instead of pushing 20 shopping carts all day. She is obviously able to work if she can move that load.

The problem I see is that she is probably mentally unsound and our country doesn't offer enough help for them. I have a customer who battles with mental illness. We were talking about psych wards yesterday. She told me of all the ones around and how many of them have closed since she was first placed in one. The distance between is staggering, somewhere around a hundred miles apart in my area. I find that disgusting. I also find the number of animal shelters vs. human shelters shameful. There aren't too many animal shelters, but too few human shelters.
                          I know what you mean on the shelters closing down. There was a big deal about it a couple years ago around where my parents live. I don't know if you have ever heard of it but it was in Butner NC and I believe it was a federal joint. They released a lot of crazies. There has been some crazy famous people in there also. If I'm not mistaken Manson did a tour there early in his incarceration. Not one hundred percent sure though.

Comment

Originally posted by mattmuttsmith View Post

I know what you mean on the shelters closing down. There was a big deal about it a couple years ago around where my parents live. I don't know if you have ever heard of it but it was in Butner NC and I believe it was a federal joint. They released a lot of crazies. There has been some crazy famous people in there also. If I'm not mistaken Manson did a tour there early in his incarceration. Not one hundred percent sure though.
                            I haven't heard of that. The same customer I mentioned was telling me about her friend. The friend has a 5 year old son with autism. The mother is 30 and her husband died when she was pregnant with her 1 year old. She told my customer there's nothing she can do to get away from her son and thinks of bad things that I can't repeat. The sad thing is that there are few places that can help her and so much pressure is put on parents to raise children that may need more help than a parent can provide. 50 years ago her son would have been put in an institution. I hope things turn out ok, but an institution would probably be better.

Comment

That is the double edged sword right there Harelquin, on one hand we have support freedom and with that the societal cost of allowing semi-insane people be free to make, well, insane choices. I dont like it and it is bitter, but it is what it is. It is a double edge sword, I feel the same way about Abortion and Gun Control.

Comment

Working...
                              X