Using Chegg or other internet help sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Chegg or other internet help sites

So Monday I began the class which is my biggest obstacle/nightmare. I have 2 classes left after this one so I really need to pass it rather than changing majors. The class is called management science and the book is quantitative methods for business. It is so far beyond my brain. I found a site called Chegg and have been using it to get through. In chapter one, I have 4 pages typed up and I still have chapter 6 and a huge case study (this is only the first week).

Have any of you used a site like Chegg to look at the answer and then work through the problem? I have never done this and I'm a little worried. My husband is tutoring me and my 16 year old daughter is helping as a background in algebra is required and she happened to have finished algebra recently.

This feels like cheating, but there is little likelihood I can make it through this class without using the site to work through the problems. In the past I have done the work in my classes and am about 62 credits in with only 4 B grades. I know I'm not going to hear the wee woo wee woo sirens....at least I hope not. This is one of the few courses I can get a D in and still pass. Usually I am required to get a C to pass. Even with that leniency, I am not sure I will pass it this time around. I dropped out last winter due to the difficulty and the stress I was dealing with the first time I attempted this class. I am charged $1200 for this class even if I fail it, unless I withdraw early. Then it is prorated. I plan on sticking it out this time.

I guess I just want to hear from others if you have used internet sources to help you get through a class and if you passed it.

I wouldn't worry as to whether or not it's cheating (I wouldn't say it is). College has become a huge scam anyway so might as well do what you need to do to get out faster.
    This sig didn't cost me any money.

Comment

Originally posted by duke nukem View Post
      I wouldn't worry as to whether or not it's cheating (I wouldn't say it is). College has become a huge scam anyway so might as well do what you need to do to get out faster.
      It is a huge scam. It's a business. They want money. That is what makes me think I will pass, they want their students to keep coming and failing people who work really hard won't get them a shiny reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post

It is a huge scam. It's a business. They want money. That is what makes me think I will pass, they want their students to keep coming and failing people who work really hard won't get them a shiny reputation.

Use the site. It's not like you will ever need this knowledge the rest of your life. Absorb enough to regurgitate it back to them on a test. Act interested and participate in class. Go to every class -- you can get extra points for perfect attendance.

If you get an F on any paper/test, go to the professor and ask for help, extra credit, anything. He/she has the power to add that extra point or two to make an F a D.
        Tuesday is soylent green day

Comment

Originally posted by Night View Post

Use the site. It's not like you will ever need this knowledge the rest of your life. Absorb enough to regurgitate it back to them on a test. Act interested and participate in class. Go to every class -- you can get extra points for perfect attendance.

If you get an F on any paper/test, go to the professor and ask for help, extra credit, anything. He/she has the power to add that extra point or two to make an F a D.
          We think alike. The reason this class is so hard for me is that it is only offered online. I took statistics and accounting 1 and 2 in person and got an A is stats and B's in acct. If I have a professor in front of me I can make it.

I have heard of people requesting a grade change and getting one, I just hope I get a D and I don't even care enough to try for higher. #burnedoutoldlady

Comment

Fuck school. I'm too cool to go back. Give me the mic. Show me where the fuckin studios at.

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey_Wideshaft View Post
              Fuck school. I'm too cool to go back. Give me the mic. Show me where the fuckin studios at.
              I envision you like Dirty Nasty in the beginning of this vid.

Comment

Hahahahahaha.

Comment

I envision you like Dirty Nasty in the beginning of this vid.
                  More like this.

https://csagovernment.org/index.html

http://deovindice.org/

http://dixienet.org/

http://leagueofthesouth.com/

Comment

When I say Mali, yall say bu. Mali-

Comment

Originally posted by Night View Post

citations are your friend.........

every online course I've taken, I've spoke with the profs.........

they will go above and beyond if ya give em 100%........

tell them straight up what is going on........

dey wilt wurk wit ya........
                      "Virtute et armis"

Girls play with dolls. Men play with dead animals

https://www.uso.org

Islam is right about women

sde: Because it was trolling and by damn God, that's what we fucking do here. Always have, always will

#learn2code

Epstein didn't kill himself & neither did Qassem Soleimani

Eric Ciaramella is the whistle blower

Comment

Never took a class online myself but I did bs my way thru a couple of oral exams by throwing massive amounts of info at the tester so he saw that I knew the subject even though I didn't actually know the answer to his question. Hey, whatever works.

Anyway, good luck lady.

Comment

Well, I don't need help now. The class bested me. I just couldn't do it, even with a site like Chegg. My husband was helping but said he wouldn't do that kind of work unless it was his class. I completely get why he wouldn't, it was awful work.

I changed majors and even though I have a few more classes I will graduate sooner because my old capstone was not offered till next April. So I applied to a major's program that starts in January, to be a school guidance counselor. I wanted to be one years ago but the requirements were complicated. The laws changed and now I am headed down a path that is better suited to me.

It all worked out for the best imo. I would love to help children with difficulties at home. Summers off, good insurance. Score!

Comment

It all worked out for the best imo. I would love to help children with difficulties at home. Summers off, good insurance. Score!
                            I do hope it all works to your good. And I am sorry you were pushed down that path bya roadblock, and not a choice. Wish I could have helped in some way... But I think you will make a great listener for the kids. You have had all this time with us for practice, and no way they could be as fucked up.
                            Go Space Force!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayaca View Post

I do hope it all works to your good. And I am sorry you were pushed down that path bya roadblock, and not a choice. Wish I could have helped in some way... But I think you will make a great listener for the kids. You have had all this time with us for practice, and no way they could be as fucked up.
                              Thanks Mayaca. I know life works out as it will, if I let it happen it goes nicely. If I swim against the tide it doesn't. I like this path, even if it wasn't the one I was swimming for in the beginning.

Comment

Working...
                              X