Quick Grill, Sudden Shower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Grill, Sudden Shower

Had lit a pile of briquettes about 20 minutes ago out on the grill. Thawed out a pack of hot links (Earl Campbell because getting 5 dozen Pittsburg Tx links shipped here costs $200) earlier and just popped the buns in to warm when I heard something suspiciously like rain outside.

Sure enough, sudden brief downpour. Lasted just long enough to totally screw the briquettes. Eat a dick, weather!

Global warming... Bloody Steve

Comment

I'm gonna have a roast pork and scrambled egg sandwich for breakfast.
      I don't know.

Comment

Charcoal is the only way to barbecue. Gas is rubbish.

Comment

Thought this thread was totally something different.
          Last edited by piranha2; 04-15-2016, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Speaking of BBQs here is one I wiped up one day when I was board.

Took 14 tin cans, some baling wire and duct tape. Not my best work.

~" If you suck ass long enough, pretty soon you start choking on shit."~

Comment

Not saying nothing, but, that would be BORED. Unless, of course, you got wood.

Comment

Originally posted by piranha2 View Post
                Not saying nothing, but, that would be BORED. Unless, of course, you got wood.
                I wok'd the dog afterwards.

It was a good day.

~" If you suck ass long enough, pretty soon you start choking on shit."~

Comment

Originally posted by Absolutely! View Post
                  Charcoal is the only way to barbecue. Gas is rubbish.

wong again.........

lernt ta cook ober a fire pit ant reel coals
                  "Virtute et armis"

Girls play with dolls. Men play with dead animals

https://www.uso.org

Islam is right about women

sde: Because it was trolling and by damn God, that's what we fucking do here. Always have, always will

#learn2code

Epstein didn't kill himself & neither did Qassem Soleimani

Eric Ciaramella is the whistle blower

Comment

Originally posted by swampbilly View Post

wong again.........

lernt ta cook ober a fire pit ant reel coals
                    wood fire and gas emit moisture.

Charcoal has had all its moisture taken off it. Also all that shitty 'smoke flavour'. That crap as it sublimates off the wood during the carbonising process in the retort is cooled and bottled and gets sold, carcinogen that it be, to fast food restaurants to paint in stupid stripes on their meat.

I reiterate. Charcoal is the best way to go. Fantastic radiant heat that liquefies the fat quickly leaving the meat more tender. Dry heat so your meat doesn't boil, no dangerous chemicals going into the meat.

Comment

Charcoal has had all its moisture taken off it. Also all that shitty 'smoke flavour'. That crap as it sublimates off the wood during the carbonising process in the retort is cooled and bottled and gets sold, carcinogen that it be, to fast food restaurants to paint in stupid stripes on their meat.

I reiterate. Charcoal is the best way to go. Fantastic radiant heat, dry heat, no dangerous chemicals going into the meat.
                      I use either or both, depending on what I'm cooking. Normally use an offset smoker when working with wood and a bullet smoker as a grill for direct-heat cooking over charcoal. Then there are the quick cook-quick smoke recipes like grilled steak where I use water-soaked wood chips over charcoal to lightly smoke the cuts while they grill.

Comment

And for those who just can't pick a side in the wood vs charcoal vs propane grilling debate, the Volcano Collapsible Stove that can use all three fuels.

Comment

perfect kebabs

Comment

Originally posted by Slats View Post
                            And for those who just can't pick a side in the wood vs charcoal vs propane grilling debate, the Volcano Collapsible Stove that can use all three fuels.
                            Slats: A man who goes both ways and isn't afraid to admit it.

Comment

I reiterate. Charcoal is the best way to go. Fantastic radiant heat that liquefies the fat quickly leaving the meat more tender. Dry heat so your meat doesn't boil, no dangerous chemicals going into the meat.

in shtf ya taint gonna have gas oar kingsford........
                              "Virtute et armis"

Girls play with dolls. Men play with dead animals

https://www.uso.org

Islam is right about women

sde: Because it was trolling and by damn God, that's what we fucking do here. Always have, always will

#learn2code

Epstein didn't kill himself & neither did Qassem Soleimani

Eric Ciaramella is the whistle blower

Comment

Working...
                              X