Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Real Advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Need Real Advice

    I'm going to trust y'all and ask for some no bullshit advice. Sitting on my butt and doing nothing is akin to being adrift without a rudder. I am seriously thinking about a youtube channel. I have a large collection of military video I could edit and post. Later, I would do some product reviews and knife making videos. I have a quandary how to brand this. Here's the ideas I have:

    Big Sarge - Good name recognition, but unfortunately there are other vets using the same name for their online projects. Might run into some confusion with that.

    Tupelo Ordnance Works - I used this years ago when I was a law enforcement instructor and dealer in less lethal munitions. I like this, but it sounds rather formal. I guess I could say I'm Big Sarge from Tupelo Ord Works.

    Dusty Boots - This is a play of English translation of my last name. I used it a couple of times in video work.


    Give a man a match, & he'll be warm for 20 seconds. But toss that man a white phosphorus grenade and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

    #2
    My best advice is don't pet the sweaty things and don't sweat the petty things.




    Aside from that I would recommend you look close before going home with a stripper who has a husky voice.




    Comment


      #3
      I like the idea but you need a name that's your own and catchy. Course, you've been big Sarge for awhile.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by bladesmith View Post
        I'm going to trust y'all and ask for some no bullshit advice. Sitting on my butt and doing nothing is akin to being adrift without a rudder. I am seriously thinking about a youtube channel. I have a large collection of military video I could edit and post. Later, I would do some product reviews and knife making videos. I have a quandary how to brand this. Here's the ideas I have:

        Big Sarge - Good name recognition, but unfortunately there are other vets using the same name for their online projects. Might run into some confusion with that.

        Tupelo Ordnance Works - I used this years ago when I was a law enforcement instructor and dealer in less lethal munitions. I like this, but it sounds rather formal. I guess I could say I'm Big Sarge from Tupelo Ord Works.

        Dusty Boots - This is a play of English translation of my last name. I used it a couple of times in video work.

        watt ever ya get going, let us know
        "Virtute et armis"

        Girls play with dolls. Men play with dead animals

        https://www.uso.org

        Islam is right about women

        sde: Because it was trolling and by damn God, that's what we fucking do here. Always have, always will

        #learn2code

        Epstein didn't kill himself & neither did Qassem Soleimani

        Eric Ciaramella is the whistle blower

        Comment


          #5
          How about "Bigger Sarge"?
          I don't know.

          Comment


            #6
            Oh thank god. I thought you were going to buy little girlfriend a house.

            I like the name Dusty Boots, it is catchy and fun, its respectful and humorous. It's fitting.
            And this is your thang! Do your thang Big Sarge.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by gamgee View Post
              How about "Bigger Sarge"?
              LOL
              Give a man a match, & he'll be warm for 20 seconds. But toss that man a white phosphorus grenade and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Sky View Post
                Oh thank god. I thought you were going to buy little girlfriend a house.

                I like the name Dusty Boots, it is catchy and fun, its respectful and humorous. It's fitting.
                And this is your thang! Do your thang Big Sarge.
                No, she is moving in with me. She is getting too far along to dance anymore.
                Give a man a match, & he'll be warm for 20 seconds. But toss that man a white phosphorus grenade and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by bladesmith View Post

                  No, she is moving in with me. She is getting too far along to dance anymore.
                  Oh good god blade, of all the cool stuff i said, this is all you reply to. How about thanks Sky for the feedback, Butthead!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Sergeant Santa....... You could have a few poster sized enlargements of your toy give-aways on the wall behind you.


                    I think this is a win.
                    Go Space Force!!!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Sky View Post

                      Oh good god blade, of all the cool stuff i said, this is all you reply to. How about thanks Sky for the feedback, Butthead!
                      Thanks Sky for the feedback butthead.
                      Go Space Force!!!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I just hit the like button. I never really understood this concept of liking posts. Anyway, I do appreciate Sky's advice. Sorry I have been negligent in expressing that.
                        Give a man a match, & he'll be warm for 20 seconds. But toss that man a white phosphorus grenade and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by bladesmith View Post
                          I just hit the like button. I never really understood this concept of liking posts. Anyway, I do appreciate Sky's advice. Sorry I have been negligent in expressing that.
                          Sometimes I feel like you talk to me like I'm not even in the room.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Sky View Post

                            Sometimes I feel like you talk to me like I'm not even in the room.
                            the bride saz da same thang......

                            i blame it on dementcha.............oar beer.....

                            trUe stUry
                            "Virtute et armis"

                            Girls play with dolls. Men play with dead animals

                            https://www.uso.org

                            Islam is right about women

                            sde: Because it was trolling and by damn God, that's what we fucking do here. Always have, always will

                            #learn2code

                            Epstein didn't kill himself & neither did Qassem Soleimani

                            Eric Ciaramella is the whistle blower

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by bladesmith View Post
                              I'm going to trust y'all and ask for some no bullshit advice. Sitting on my butt and doing nothing is akin to being adrift without a rudder. I am seriously thinking about a youtube channel. I have a large collection of military video I could edit and post. Later, I would do some product reviews and knife making videos. I have a quandary how to brand this. Here's the ideas I have:

                              Big Sarge - Good name recognition, but unfortunately there are other vets using the same name for their online projects. Might run into some confusion with that.

                              Tupelo Ordnance Works - I used this years ago when I was a law enforcement instructor and dealer in less lethal munitions. I like this, but it sounds rather formal. I guess I could say I'm Big Sarge from Tupelo Ord Works.

                              Dusty Boots - This is a play of English translation of my last name. I used it a couple of times in video work.

                              Big Sarge or variations of is done to death.

                              Tupelo Ordnance Works bit of a mouth full

                              Dusty Boots I like it short and catchy, it's personal to you and opens up a world of possibilities for future videos.


                              I need to revamp my youtube but that probably won't be until the fall, I just have too much going on with work and study.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X