The Winding Stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Winding Stream

It's a documentary on Netflix about the Carter family and country music.

Good stuff.
    I don't know.

Originally posted by gamgee View Post
    It's a documentary on Netflix about the Carter family and country music.

Good stuff.
    Did they do much gardening?
    Let’s Go Brandon!!!!!

Comment

I thought this was going to be a buddhist thing or something.
      ------------

Comment

Originally posted by Steve28 View Post
        I thought this was going to be a buddhist thing or something.
        I could totally get in to that..... I don't know if you were banned when I started doing Zen stuff over there, but it was funny. Some people loved it, some shat their pants over it. I laughed. They said I was faking it for the wiminz. Funny, a long time ago some of my Taoist poetry was published and given out at a "Temple" down here.

I am complicated. LOL
        Let’s Go Brandon!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the tip, gamgee.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayaca View Post

I could totally get in to that..... I don't know if you were banned when I started doing Zen stuff over there, but it was funny. Some people loved it, some shat their pants over it. I laughed. They said I was faking it for the wiminz. Funny, a long time ago some of my Taoist poetry was published and given out at a "Temple" down here.

I am complicated. LOL
            You're Christian, right? You might want to be careful fucking around with that oriental shit.

Exodus 22:20

^^Playing with fire buddy.
            ------------

Comment

You're Christian, right? You might want to be careful fucking around with that oriental shit.

Exodus 22:20

^^Playing with fire buddy.
              Taoism isn't a religion. (Well it is complicated.... ) but I would say it is a philosophy.

It is a way of thinking which, at least for me, does not conflict with any other beliefs I might have.

If I say "There is a great flow to the universe, and to be truly happy, you need to flow with the current, not against it."

What deity did I put before Yeshua?

I said before........... I am complicated.

Let’s Go Brandon!!!!!

Comment

I will agree that there is Taoist philosophy and reason, and there is also Taoist religion, which is of the order of Chinese folks beliefs, and related to Buddhism and Confucianism. But it is also possible to follow it as a philosophy only.
                Let’s Go Brandon!!!!!

Comment

\
                  If I say "There is a great flow to the universe, and to be truly happy, you need to flow with the current, not against it."

What deity did I put before Yeshua?
                  In the above example it seems you've put yourself and your happiness above the Lord. You've made yourself a diety. Perhaps that's why so many of today's left dabble in these mythologies, they're about themselves and selfishness is the in thing since the 1960's. What Christian scholars or martyrs were concerned about their own happiness in this life? Not a one. This life is about subjecting oneself to God, and praying for Salvation - Salvation that not one of us deserve but that some few of us receive through Grace made possible by Christ's sacrifice. Should we be Saved, the next life will be for happiness, not a fleeting worldly happiness but rather eternal joy as we bask in the Love of our Creator.
                  ------------

Comment

In the above example it seems

everything after that is your perception, which I do not answer to.

But, to clarify, how can being fully in step with God's will, (the current and flow of the universe) be a bad thing on any level?

Shouldn't it bring peace and joy?

This life is about subjecting oneself to God

I admire that you are so firm in your perception of what this life is about. That must be very comforting.

Let’s Go Brandon!!!!!

Comment

everything after that is your perception, which I do not answer to.
                      I essentially described the doctrine of Calvinism. That's pretty mainstream, and they take their Christianity seriously unlike many denominations. I think you know this though, you seem like someone who has explored other views.

Out of curiosity, what denomination do you belong to or identify with? I understand if that's too personal.

------------

Comment

I admire that you are so firm in your perception of what this life is about. That must be very comforting.
                        I expect it is for many people. But you know it's not my perception, it's the perception of many Christians, based on the Bible.

------------

Comment

Out of curiosity, what denomination do you belong to or identify with?

Interesting question. And any answer I give you would create an inaccurate understanding. I will say I am largely protestant. LOL

I did attend a religious college. I was there as a music major, but all of the students had to take core courses. And beyond what was required, I have done a lot of reading and studying of commentaries and opinions of leaders of the protestant belief system.

Also I really did enjoy the debates with the fellows pursuing the worship leader positions. It wasn't just that I learned a lot about the Bible, but more-so, I learned a lot about human behavior and ego and faith.

An insight to my own idea about this topic...........

do you really believe that subjugation to God's authority is the purpose and point of all of this?

***on edit, I saw your denial as to this belief, yet it is what you ascribe to "many Christians" as being based on the Bible,

so is this what you think the Bible describes?
                          Let’s Go Brandon!!!!!

Comment

do you really believe that subjugation to God's authority is the purpose and point of all of this?

***on edit, I saw your denial as to this belief, yet it is what you ascribe to "many Christians" as being based on the Bible,

so is this what you think the Bible describes?
                            Yes. From beginning to end.

------------

Comment

Yes. From beginning to end.
                              So why not just make more angels since they were already subjugated?
                              Let’s Go Brandon!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X