Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gypsy

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Gypsy

    Meet me at dawn with your seconds. Best chess pie recipe to decide most scrumptious at 10 paces. Do you accept the challenge?

    #2
    Originally posted by T Ord View Post
    Meet me at dawn with your seconds. Best chess pie recipe to decide most scrumptious at 10 paces. Do you accept the challenge?
    so what's a chess pie?

    Comment


      #3
      I could go for a slice of lemon chess pie.

      http://allrecipes.com/recipe/15954/b...mon-chess-pie/

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Absolutely! View Post

        so what's a chess pie?
        TK would know!
        Screw diplomacy...........bring it!

        Comment


          #5
          Gypsy be ok in my bk. Dat gurl be rock

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Jessica View Post
            Gypsy be ok in my bk. Dat gurl be rock
            Dude, get your socks on straight.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by T Ord View Post
              Meet me at dawn with your seconds. Best chess pie recipe to decide most scrumptious at 10 paces. Do you accept the challenge?
              I've never made a chess pie, but if I did, it would be awesome. I have made one heck of a shoo fly pie though.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Absolutely! View Post

                so what's a chess pie?

                Refrigerated
                • 4 Eggs, large
                Baking & Spices
                • 1 tbsp All-purpose flour
                • 2 tbsp Cornmeal
                • 1/4 tsp Salt
                • 2 cups Sugar
                • 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract

                Oils & Vinegars
                • 1 tbsp White vinegar
                Bread & Baked Goods
                • 1/2 (15-ounce) package Pie crusts, refrigerated
                Dairy
                • 1/2 cup Butter
                • 1/4 cup Milk


                It looks pretty good, aside from the cornmeal. That's gotta go.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Harlequin View Post


                  Refrigerated
                  • 4 Eggs, large

                  Baking & Spices
                  • 1 tbsp All-purpose flour
                  • 2 tbsp Cornmeal
                  • 1/4 tsp Salt
                  • 2 cups Sugar
                  • 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract


                  Oils & Vinegars
                  • 1 tbsp White vinegar

                  Bread & Baked Goods
                  • 1/2 (15-ounce) package Pie crusts, refrigerated

                  Dairy
                  • 1/2 cup Butter
                  • 1/4 cup Milk



                  It looks pretty good, aside from the cornmeal. That's gotta go.

                  Give it one try with the cornmeal, you may like it.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Harlequin View Post


                    Refrigerated
                    • 4 Eggs, large
                    Baking & Spices
                    • 1 tbsp All-purpose flour
                    • 2 tbsp Cornmeal
                    • 1/4 tsp Salt
                    • 2 cups Sugar
                    • 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract

                    Oils & Vinegars
                    • 1 tbsp White vinegar
                    Bread & Baked Goods
                    • 1/2 (15-ounce) package Pie crusts, refrigerated
                    Dairy
                    • 1/2 cup Butter
                    • 1/4 cup Milk


                    It looks pretty good, aside from the cornmeal. That's gotta go.
                    oh that looks like the texture of almond fingers. I must try it.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Harlequin View Post


                      Refrigerated
                      • 4 Eggs, large

                      Baking & Spices
                      • 1 tbsp All-purpose flour
                      • 2 tbsp Cornmeal
                      • 1/4 tsp Salt
                      • 2 cups Sugar
                      • 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract


                      Oils & Vinegars
                      • 1 tbsp White vinegar

                      Bread & Baked Goods
                      • 1/2 (15-ounce) package Pie crusts, refrigerated

                      Dairy
                      • 1/2 cup Butter
                      • 1/4 cup Milk



                      It looks pretty good, aside from the cornmeal. That's gotta go.
                      I've never made anything like this, but what would you use instead of the cornmeal?

                      I've actually never used cornmeal, it's pretty expensive here; for a tiny bag.
                      It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

                      No guts, no glory. All pain, and fury.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by HeavyHauler View Post

                        I've never made anything like this, but what would you use instead of the cornmeal?

                        I've actually never used cornmeal, it's pretty expensive here; for a tiny bag.
                        If I make it, it will have to be gluten free. Rice farina (a hot cereal) is a similar consistency to corn meal and that is what I would replace the flour and cornmeal with in the recipe. The idea of cornmeal in a dessert grosses me out. It doesn't belong on anything 'cept mayhap fried catfish.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Harlequin View Post

                          If I make it, it will have to be gluten free. Rice farina (a hot cereal) is a similar consistency to corn meal and that is what I would replace the flour and cornmeal with in the recipe. The idea of cornmeal in a dessert grosses me out. It doesn't belong on anything 'cept mayhap fried catfish.
                          I reckon corn bread is out of the question then?
                          https://csagovernment.org/index.html

                          http://deovindice.org/

                          http://dixienet.org/

                          http://leagueofthesouth.com/

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by dudeman View Post

                            I reckon corn bread is out of the question then?
                            I can make it, but it feels weird. It's so dry and crumbly unless made with creamed corn.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Harlequin View Post

                              If I make it, it will have to be gluten free. Rice farina (a hot cereal) is a similar consistency to corn meal and that is what I would replace the flour and cornmeal with in the recipe.
                              I'm pretty sure there's no gluten in cornmeal. A friend of my wife bought 'gluten free' popcorn and was telling us how good it was, almost like regular popcorn. I told her all popcorn is gluten free. Then I asked her if she had celiac disease. Funny thing was she didn't have celiac disease or a gluten intolerance so gluten or no gluten made no difference to her body. But she thought 'gluten-free' was like low sodium or low fat or something and was the healthier choice. My wife doesn't like me talking to her friends.

                              ------------

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X