Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attention, free AAA post apocalyptic open world survival game

Hey folks,

You all know the STALKER series? The post apocalyptic games centered around Chernobyl?

Well a talented modder has used the game engine to create a new, revamped, totally free STALKER game, called Dead Air.

Just tested it and it's fantastic! It's open world, and play your own way, so the plot, of sorts, progresses when you make alliances with the different factions and accept missions.
    Like a lot of the great mods coming out of Eastern Europe, Dead Air focuses as much on realism as possible, but not sacrificing game play. For example:

Want to reload your weapon? WAIT! You can't reload your weapon till you've placed mags in your ammo pouches on your web kit.... but WAIT-WAIT! If you don't own webbing with ammo pouches you have to take your mags out of your pack, which requires opening your pack.

Bullets are lethal in this game, and you need to apply field dressings PDQ if hit. I think there's locational damage, because once I was hit in the throat area and could hear strangled gasping coming out of me.... until I bled out and died.

You can skin the animals and mutants you kill for food and resources - but only if you have a good enough cutting tool for the job.
    Radiation is deadly, not just some stats-affecting Fallout faggotry. If you go into a rad zone you better have the proper equipment and meds.
    Most weapons are modeled well after real world counterparts, and all the animations such as reloads, port ejections and casings flying are excellent.

As a testament of what's gone into the game, it's download size is a hefty 5gigs, with total install size about 10. Be sure to grab the (excellently done) English translation patch.

If you're a hardcore post apoc media fan, then this free game is a no-brainer.

logo-moddb.3.png
    GameHubVN-Tai-mien-phi-Dead-Air-Phien-ban-lot-xac-do-hoa-cua-STALKER-huyen_thoai-5.jpg

Originally posted by RusselWoden View Post
    Hey folks,

You all know the STALKER series? The post apocalyptic games centered around Chernobyl?

Well a talented modder has used the game engine to create a new, revamped, totally free STALKER game, called Dead Air.

Just tested it and it's fantastic! It's open world, and play your own way, so the plot, of sorts, progresses when you make alliances with the different factions and accept missions.
    Like a lot of the great mods coming out of Eastern Europe, Dead Air focuses as much on realism as possible, but not sacrificing game play. For example:

Want to reload your weapon? WAIT! You can't reload your weapon till you've placed mags in your ammo pouches on your web kit.... but WAIT-WAIT! If you don't own webbing with ammo pouches you have to take your mags out of your pack, which requires opening your pack.

Bullets are lethal in this game, and you need to apply field dressings PDQ if hit. I think there's locational damage, because once I was hit in the throat area and could hear strangled gasping coming out of me.... until I bled out and died.

You can skin the animals and mutants you kill for food and resources - but only if you have a good enough cutting tool for the job.
    Radiation is deadly, not just some stats-affecting Fallout faggotry. If you go into a rad zone you better have the proper equipment and meds.
    Most weapons are modeled well after real world counterparts, and all the animations such as reloads, port ejections and casings flying are excellent.

As a testament of what's gone into the game, it's download size is a hefty 5gigs, with total install size about 10. Be sure to grab the (excellently done) English translation patch.

If you're a hardcore post apoc media fan, then this free game is a no-brainer.

logo-moddb.3.png
    GameHubVN-Tai-mien-phi-Dead-Air-Phien-ban-lot-xac-do-hoa-cua-STALKER-huyen_thoai-5.jpg
    I really need to get a PC... STALKER was one of the best games of the genre. I remember fiending out on that "Surge" soda stuff and staying up for 48 hours straight.

Comment

Working...
    X