Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dead eveything washing ashore in Nova Scotia.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Dead eveything washing ashore in Nova Scotia.

    A month ago this hit the local news. Dead herring were washing ashore by the thousands. This continued daily until the last few days when other fish species started washing ashore dead, along with lobsters, crabs, starfish, clams, scallops. Now it's national news.

    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...tery-1.3914056

    Officers with the Department of Fisheries and Oceans were out surveying beaches Wednesday in Nova Scotia's Digby and Annapolis counties, hoping to find answers to why thousands of dead sea creatures have been washing ashore.

    The distressing amount of sea life and diversity of species found dead on some beaches on Nova Scotia's coast along the Bay of Fundy over the past few weeks has been puzzling.





    The scientists have no idea. They say it can't be disease because there are too many species affected. They can't detect a toxin. Meanwhile locals say the seabirds won't go anywhere near what should be an all you can eat buffet for them. Something big is happening on the ocean floor off Nova Scotia's coast.
    ------------

    #2
    Originally posted by Steve28 View Post
    A month ago this hit the local news. Dead herring were washing ashore by the thousands. This continued daily until the last few days when other fish species started washing ashore dead, along with lobsters, crabs, starfish, clams, scallops. Now it's national news.

    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...tery-1.3914056








    The scientists have no idea. They say it can't be disease because there are too many species affected. They can't detect a toxin. Meanwhile locals say the seabirds won't go anywhere near what should be an all you can eat buffet for them. Something big is happening on the ocean floor off Nova Scotia's coast.
    Fuck, maybe I should pay more attention to the news? Haven't heard anything on the radio though, mind you I haven't listened to it in probably just as long.

    Gonna hit the Google machine and read the link. Thanks.
    It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

    No guts, no glory. All pain, and fury.

    Comment


      #3
      I'm just hoping it's not outgassing from a brand new supervolcano about to erupt under the Bay of Fundy. That shit will ruin your day.
      ------------

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by HeavyHauler View Post

        Fuck, maybe I should pay more attention to the news? Haven't heard anything on the radio though, mind you I haven't listened to it in probably just as long.

        Gonna hit the Google machine and read the link. Thanks.
        Top news every hour on the hour on CBC Radio today. That and Debbie Reynolds.

        ------------

        Comment


          #5
          ENDofDAYS
          Beware the ApE πŸ‘£


          πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Steve28 View Post
            I'm just hoping it's not outgassing from a brand new supervolcano about to erupt under the Bay of Fundy. That shit will ruin your day.
            I suppose it might. Fuck.
            It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

            No guts, no glory. All pain, and fury.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Radio View Post
              Shit. . All I see is lunch. . .
              Chocolate covered starfishes?

              It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

              No guts, no glory. All pain, and fury.

              Comment


                #8


                Originally posted by HeavyHauler View Post

                Chocolate covered starfishes?


                ------------

                Comment


                  #9
                  Seriously though, I'm thinking supervolcano.

                  Or aliens. Maybe aliens.
                  ------------

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Radio View Post

                    Ain't Canada like three quarter french? Every bug known to man is covered in chocolate. Fuckin' weirdos.
                    They recently just finished building an all French school in my town.

                    The kids are getting one on on classes. There is also 1 grade 9 student in the whole school.

                    I'll post a photo I took of the news article.

                    It made me laugh my fucking ass off. They should have built a Cree school.
                    It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

                    No guts, no glory. All pain, and fury.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Steve28 View Post




                      Glad to see someone got it.
                      It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

                      No guts, no glory. All pain, and fury.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Steve28 View Post
                        Seriously though, I'm thinking supervolcano.

                        Or aliens. Maybe aliens.
                        Bigfoot may have his hand dipped into all of this.
                        It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

                        No guts, no glory. All pain, and fury.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Radio View Post

                          Ain't Canada like three quarter french? Every bug known to man is covered in chocolate. Fuckin' weirdos.
                          You forgot about the hot dog flavored water.

                          It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

                          No guts, no glory. All pain, and fury.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by HeavyHauler View Post

                            Bigfoot may have his hand dipped into all of this.
                            Bay of Fundy has the highest tides on Earth, 40 feet. A trillion tons of water rushes in and rushes out every 12 hours. That's more than the flow of every river on Earth combined. That's gotta stress the crust. What happens to airplane parts when they flex too much? Metal fatigue, they break eventually. Same thing with the crust under the Bay of Fundy,. Gonna snap, Gotta snap.

                            Fuck the moon.
                            ------------

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Steve28 View Post

                              Bay of Fundy has the highest tides on Earth, 40 feet. A trillion tons of water rushes in and rushes out every 12 hours. That's more than the flow of every river on Earth combined. That's gotta stress the crust. What happens to airplane parts when they flex too much? Metal fatigue, they break eventually. Same thing with the crust under the Bay of Fundy,. Gonna snap, Gotta snap.

                              Fuck the moon.
                              I don't know nothing 'bout that.
                              It's not the size of the dog, in the fight. It's the size of the fight, in the dog.

                              No guts, no glory. All pain, and fury.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X