Good job KY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job KY

You morons voted out the Democrat Auditor who busted 18 schools for wasting taxpayer dollars (and the indictments against those people keep rolling in), kept the Democrat Sec of State who has done nothing but fawn over Hillary, and voted in a man who took bailouts and pocketed the money for governor. Yet these yokels keep wondering why this state is falling apart. Then in 3 months, when the new gov removes KYNECT, wonder what in the fuck you are going to do for health, dental, and eye insurance.

It's the American way!

Originally posted by sde View Post
    You morons voted out the Democrat Auditor who busted 18 schools for wasting taxpayer dollars (and the indictments against those people keep rolling in), kept the Democrat Sec of State who has done nothing but fawn over Hillary, and voted in a man who took bailouts and pocketed the money for governor. Yet these yokels keep wondering why this state is falling apart. Then in 3 months, when the new gov removes KYNECT, wonder what in the fuck you are going to do for health, dental, and eye insurance.
    "L E X - T A L I O N I S"

Comment

Nevermind...thought this thread would be about something else. Carry on.

Comment

It all about not ruffling any feathers. People don't wanna know when things are fucked up. Makes them have to think.

Comment

10 Characters
          Last edited by Sock; 12-22-2015, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey_Wideshaft View Post
            Nevermind...thought this thread would be about something else. Carry on.
            I see what you did there.....or at least what you were getting at.

Honestly, I understand the whole "Fuck Obama" and "Fuck Democrat" thing. But the dude was awesome. He actually did some good and even took a pay cut just to keep his staff paid during furloughs. And to hear the yokels on TV complain about how Democrats are ruining this country yet get rid of the one guy trying to fix shit.
            And the governor race was a joke. Bevins has said he will shut down Obamacare. But what these morons don't understand is, those nifty little cards that say KYNECT, is KY's version of Obamacare. All day long, I listened to people brag they voted for Bevins just to stick it in Obama's face about Obamacare. Yet they used KYNECT/Medicaid/Medicare cards for their HD visits. When I asked one guy, his response pretty much sums up this state:

"Nah, this is KYNECT. Not that dumb n*****'s mandated health care shit"

Comment

"keep your government hands off my medicare!"

Comment

Originally posted by Talon View Post
                "keep your government hands off my medicare!"
                I didn't agree with the AHCA. But the state did it perfect. They took what little money the feds gave them and trimmed up the budget. They got rid of double-triple retirements, put a block on pay raises for elected officials in Frankfort, and shored up the fund for 10 years.
                The rest of that convo went like this...obviously not verbatim but pretty close:

DUDE: "Nah, this is KYNECT. Not that dumb n*****'s mandated health care shit"
                ME: "Uhhhhhh, no. KYNECT is Obamacare. It's just the states way of abiding by the mandates by doing it on their own terms"
                DUDE: "No, it's not. Whole different thing. Obamacare...KYNECT. Not even close"
                ME: "Both are part of the AHCA. Just different names"
                DUDE: "........................"
                ME: "Yeah, better make sure you get all those chemo treatments in before the first of the year. After that, you're on the hook for every penny of your insurance since you now have to go through the marketplace and that shit ain't cheap"
                DUDE: "..........uh.......uh........" ---looks at wife----"uhhhhhhhh"
                DUDE'S WIFE: "Is there anything we can do?"
                ME: "Nope. Once he takes office, in December, he's bragged its the first thing he's going to do. Sorry"
                DUDE: "That shit ain't right. I work, pay taxes, I need health insurance"
                ME: "You'll have insurance. But that free insurance? It's gone. I'll show you"
                ...take guy and his wife up to next floor where the KYNECT people are and have them bring up the federal marketplace...
                ME: "Cheapest plan for a smoker who is 52 with prostate cancer is $975 a month. Add another $400 for your wife. But the feds will roll you a bone and knock $350 off. So you need to come up with a little north of a grand"
                DUDE: "I AINT GOT THAT KIND OF MONEY! I NEED THE FREE INSURANCE. I got cancer and need chemo. I'm off work because of that on LTD."
                ME: "Sorry"

They left, with the lady in tears and the guy still cussing. My wife is still, at 1230, at work finishing paperwork that governor-elect Bevins has sent out to begin notifying people coming in that they will need to go through the feds for their insurance.

Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it. All these jack offs hate the president so bad, they voted to give up their insurance.
                Last edited by sde; 11-03-2015, 11:35 PM.

Comment

I'm for a socialized system like everyone else has. This monstrosity that our government put together is nothing but a way to make the insurance companies even richer, and tear down the middle class even more. I'm glad KY was able to do it right, but that's the problem when it's left up to the states. It should be a nationwide system, again, like every other first world country on the planet has.

Comment

I'm for a socialized system like everyone else has. This monstrosity that our government put together is nothing but a way to make the insurance companies even richer, and tear down the middle class even more. I'm glad KY was able to do it right, but that's the problem when it's left up to the states. It should be a nationwide system, again, like every other first world country on the planet has.
                    I agree 100%. The feds fucked it up from Day 1. But the state decided to work with the insurance companies. They send out pamphlets asking people to avoid ER's and visit Urgent Cares if possible (say for the lowlifes who get a runny nose and wait till after 5 so they can go to the ER and get seen ASAP instead of waiting a couple days to get seen by a doc) and to visit HD's for basic things like vaxxs and check ups (since the state is paying them anyway).

What also separates KYNECT is the state also includes, and pays for, dental and eye exams and services for those who are poorer. They gave tax breaks to optometrists and dentists in exchange for them to offer lower charges that the state pays.

Comment

There is nothing within COTUS that provides the Federal government the ability to intervene in intrastate health insurance. If insurance companies were permitted to transact business across state lines without having to construct another state specific structure, then it becomes a matter of interstate commerce.

Unfortunately, SCOTUS has held that the PPACA is a tax, capable of being enacted by Congress, by authority of Article I, Section 8, Clause 1 of COTUS.

Comment

Sounds like Ky should be the model for the country!

Originally posted by sde View Post
                        I agree 100%. The feds fucked it up from Day 1. But the state decided to work with the insurance companies. They send out pamphlets asking people to avoid ER's and visit Urgent Cares if possible (say for the lowlifes who get a runny nose and wait till after 5 so they can go to the ER and get seen ASAP instead of waiting a couple days to get seen by a doc) and to visit HD's for basic things like vaxxs and check ups (since the state is paying them anyway).

What also separates KYNECT is the state also includes, and pays for, dental and eye exams and services for those who are poorer. They gave tax breaks to optometrists and dentists in exchange for them to offer lower charges that the state pays.

Comment

Gonna be interesting to see what our new Repub Guv does in his first 8 weeks in office.....getting the scumbags off free healthcare at our expense will just be the start (I hope)....next, comes Right-To-Work legislation, and kicking these goddamned parasitic unions to the fucking CURB.....I was almost NOT gonna vote yesterday (haven't missed one since Reagan got elected), but I figgered I better hold my nose, and vote AGAINST Jack Conway....SO GLAD I did......

I'd love to see Bevin clean-house in this state, a-la Scott Walker in Wisconsin.....GENERATIONS of State Workers and politicians on the public tit, 99.997% lazy fucks, some of 'em double- and triple-dipping retirements, I Shit You Not.....kick 'em ALL to the fucking curb, and make 'em get a REAL job for ONCE in their miserable lives, and see how it feels when some politician in the District Of Criminals mandates YOU pay for those who WON'T!!!!!

....and what SDE sez is quite true; Bevin might just be an Asshole with a capitol "A", but he'll be an AMATEUR, compared to what that Demonrat Jerk-Off Jack Conway would have been.....that prick has been in every union's pocket since Day One....FUCK him in his dirty, little, Demonrat, union dick-sucking ASS.....

TOODLES, Mr. EX-Attorney General, don't let the door hit ya, where the Good Lord split ya.....guess he'll have to make his money lobbying, he's OUT when it comes to bribes, pandering, and selling favors......Tee-Fucking-Hee......

DocZeus
                          AKA
                          The Sugar-Coating One.....

Comment

I might be living in Kentucky in the future. You're not making it sound like a good time. I have my own health insurance though.
                            -Admin

Comment

Come on down, Name.....Kentucky is one of the BEST places I've ever lived.....I went all around the world with Uncle Sugar years ago, came RIGHT BACK here.....my political ranting is mostly against Feds, anyway, and the parasites that do game the system here.....

Property taxes lowest in the country, temperate winters to hot summers, can legally carry a MULTITUDE of deadly weapons with a license (blackjacks, billys, switchblades, shuriken, nunchaku, multiple handguns, etc.), damn-near ZERO gun control bullshit, low violent crime (property crime is getting higher, due to drug issues, meth, etc.).....Stay out of the two shithole "big" cities" (Louisville and Lexington), life is old-school and friendly, with a reasonable cost of living.....like it USED to be everywhere in the 60's....

Hell, I found a picture of my Mother & I, posing in front of the courthouse in Lexington, circa 1963......the water fountain in the background had a "Whites Only" sign over it.....Times have definitely changed, but the ill-behaved people don't survive too long down here.....MUY's aren't a big problem.....out in the Hinterlands.....

DocZeus
                              AKA
                              The Bluegrass State Forever One.....

Comment

Working...
                              X