Horror Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horror Films

I love them, loved them since I was a little pissant. I remember sneaking into the movie theaters in the summer to watch the goriest ones around. Still love me a solid horror flick. Speaking of which I saw a good one last night called "Hidden", sort a zombie apocolpyse theme flick with a twist, it was that twist that made the film fairly decent. Not to graphic with the blood and guts, but a good horror flick doesnt need that. Omen didnt need that, nor did Rosemarys Baby.

Any fellow horror flick fans here? I must admit that my faces are the religious and zombie related ones.
    ~" If you suck ass long enough, pretty soon you start choking on shit."~

Love me some zombies,
    SAW (all of them)

I used to like the horrors but most these days are less suspense and more gore fest (imho)

Comment

Yeah, it seems that most horror flicks now are more guts n blood than psychological. The 70's had some great ones, Last House on Left is one of my faves along with the Exorcism. Strangely it was that film I had a hard time watching along with The Shining. I like the SAW series, Tourista also wasnt too bad. Ever see Cannibal Corpse?
      ~" If you suck ass long enough, pretty soon you start choking on shit."~

Comment

Originally posted by Crow View Post
        I love them, loved them since I was a little pissant. I remember sneaking into the movie theaters in the summer to watch the goriest ones around. Still love me a solid horror flick. Speaking of which I saw a good one last night called "Hidden", sort a zombie apocolpyse theme flick with a twist, it was that twist that made the film fairly decent. Not to graphic with the blood and guts, but a good horror flick doesnt need that. Omen didnt need that, nor did Rosemarys Baby.

Any fellow horror flick fans here? I must admit that my faces are the religious and zombie related ones.
        Hidden looks cool... I may acquire that.

I am an old time horror watcher but do prefer comedy in my horrors, or else extreme gore to the point of amusement. I liked the Saw movies until no. 6, thought centipede flicks were truly lame, although am reminded of them every time one of my cats licks the other one's butt.

Love comedy horror like tucker & dale vs evil, 100 bloody acres, that sort of thing. I'm kind of over the religious ones, they are all so much the same, but zombies?

I am a severe zombie flick addict. Severe. I will watch every one I get my hands on, even the tryhard student shorts on youtube. I just love those things.

Comment

I'll watch one every now and then but not like when I was younger and watched tons of them. Nothing I've watched lately will ever top "The Excorcist" for pure horror value
          Screw diplomacy...........bring it!

Comment

I stopped watching them after seeing a baby born. What's the point!
            Bigger the Government, the smaller the Citizen.

Comment

For me, nothing will beat "The Exorcist" for sheer terror. A large group of my friends went to see it. After about 30 minutes I couldn't take anymore. Myself and another friend waited in the lobby for it to be over. There were others in the lobby doing the same, a couple really shaken up. The movie seems evil, like it shouldn't be watched.

Audience reactions of The Exorcist:

Comment

The exorcist was nothing on the Omen, watched in a motel lounge in black & white at the age of maybe seven.

That was awful. Nothing was ever scary again.

Comment

I've seen The Omen straight through. Very scary.

Comment

I never liked the horror films much. I could watch them, but didnt enjoy it.
                    Go Space Force!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Absolutely! View Post
                      The exorcist was nothing on the Omen, watched in a motel lounge in black & white at the age of maybe seven.

That was awful. Nothing was ever scary again.
                      Yea but you were 7. I saw the Exorcist as an adult and it scared the crap outta me.
                      Screw diplomacy...........bring it!

Comment

The original, DIRECTOR'S CUT Exorcist IS the Classic Horror Movie....one of the best scenes that was deleted from the original:

But "Se7en" is a great one, too.....just pure, unadulterated, human evil, incarnate.....and VERY smart about it......here's one of the best scenes in the movie, which deals with a serial killer acting out the Seven Deadly Sins; the "Sloth" scene:

DocZeus
                        AKA
                        The Gore-Loving One.....

Comment

Se7en was great.

I can't watch any Exorcist clips.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayaca View Post
                            I never liked the horror films much. I could watch them, but didnt enjoy it.
                            Same here. I watch them with others, but could and would never sit down and watch on by myself.

Too much anxiety.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheStars View Post
                              Same here. I watch them with others, but could and would never sit down and watch on by myself.

Too much anxiety.
                              I don't want to say too much about it, but I had plenty to be scared of in real life. Didn't need to do it just for funzies.
                              Go Space Force!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X