Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low gas prices

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Low gas prices

    Enjoy it while you can but don't get used to it. IT WONT LAST! This reminds me of the housing market prior to the bust. People were buying property, quickly flipping it for a profit, or buying it without having the income to pay for it in the long run. I predicted the housing bust and I predict by the end of 2016 gas will be 4-5 bucks a gallon again. The oil glut wont last. The oil exporting countries cant afford the low market prices in the long term nor can domestic producers compete with them at current prices.
    The prices now are not realistic for the long term so prepare for the worst my friends, it is coming!
    Screw diplomacy...........bring it!

    #2
    We shall see. I hope it keeps falling, but we just never know. With the US now exporting, they have shown me that all the talk about running out of the stuff was BS.
    "L E X - T A L I O N I S"

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by rokitman View Post
      Enjoy it while you can but don't get used to it. IT WONT LAST! This reminds me of the housing market prior to the bust. People were buying property, quickly flipping it for a profit, or buying it without having the income to pay for it in the long run. I predicted the housing bust and I predict by the end of 2016 gas will be 4-5 bucks a gallon again. The oil glut wont last. The oil exporting countries cant afford the low market prices in the long term nor can domestic producers compete with them at current prices.
      The prices now are not realistic for the long term so prepare for the worst my friends, it is coming!
      I hope you're right/wrong. Back in the 90s we had a low phase that seemed to last until the middle of the 00s when it was mid-to-high finally.

      Comment


        #4
        This is why we need more ethanol! Not because it works or is environmentally friendly but because it will show we're doing something!



        Even if it's stupid.
        This sig didn't cost me any money.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Watch Ryder View Post

          I hope you're right/wrong. Back in the 90s we had a low phase that seemed to last until the middle of the 00s when it was mid-to-high finally.
          The only reason the prices are so low is that there is an oil glut on the market. Whether it be from our increased production, Opec increasing production to offset ours, or Iran being back in the market. Whatever the reason, all it takes is for OPEC or some other country to slow down production to get the prices back up and the world will follow. I remember the OPEC embargo back in the 70's that damn near crippled our economy. Don't think it cant happen again!
          Screw diplomacy...........bring it!

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by duke nukem View Post
            This is why we need more ethanol! Not because it works or is environmentally friendly but because it will show we're doing something!



            Even if it's stupid.
            Yea but the problem is, you don't get the mileage out of ethanol that you do gasoline. Ethanol is corrosive so most fuel systems have to be re-designed to accommodate it. Also when you use a food product for fuel it increases the price of food! Sure it is a little more environmentally friendly as far as using it, but producing it is not!
            Screw diplomacy...........bring it!

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by rokitman View Post

              Yea but the problem is, you don't get the mileage out of ethanol that you do gasoline. Ethanol is corrosive so most fuel systems have to be re-designed to accommodate it. Also when you use a food product for fuel it increases the price of food! Sure it is a little more environmentally friendly as far as using it, but producing it is not!
              I know, I was channeling my sarcasm. Ethanol is a fucking racket.
              This sig didn't cost me any money.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by duke nukem View Post

                I know, I was channeling my sarcasm. Ethanol is a fucking racket.
                Agreed. It actually takes about a gallon of fossil fuel to create a gallon of ethanol. So what are we saving?
                Go Space Force!!!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by rokitman View Post

                  Yea but the problem is, you don't get the mileage out of ethanol that you do gasoline. Ethanol is corrosive so most fuel systems have to be re-designed to accommodate it. Also when you use a food product for fuel it increases the price of food! Sure it is a little more environmentally friendly as far as using it, but producing it is not!
                  Tell me about it, if you leave ethanol sitting in the system of some engines you end up with it seizing up. Needs the internals properly cleaning, flushing etc.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    you can convert your diesel engine to cooking oil however.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Absolutely! View Post
                      you can convert your diesel engine to cooking oil however.
                      No conversion needed if the oil is clean. Maybe just a little injection adjustments. Makes trucks smell like French fries!
                      Screw diplomacy...........bring it!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by rokitman View Post

                        No conversion needed if the oil is clean. Maybe just a little injection adjustments. Makes trucks smell like French fries!
                        Drive through the south like that and you'll have fat girls chasing you down the road.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Harvey_Wideshaft View Post

                          Drive through the south like that and you'll have fat girls chasing you down the road.
                          You are so wrong. Fat chicks don't chase anything.
                          Go Space Force!!!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Recently, I was at "the walmart" and over the intercom, some manager said "Attention customers, if you apply for a Walmart credit card today, you will get a free large deli pizza and 12 pack of soda, even if you are turned down for the card.".

                            Immediately following the announcement, was a herd of fatties, running for the deli pizzas.

                            True story.
                            Fucking walmartians.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Harvey_Wideshaft View Post
                              Recently, I was at "the walmart" and over the intercom, some manager said "Attention customers, if you apply for a Walmart credit card today, you will get a free large deli pizza and 12 pack of soda, even if you are turned down for the card.".

                              Immediately following the announcement, was a herd of fatties, running for the deli pizzas.

                              True story.
                              Fucking walmartians.

                              explain to the foreigner. what is a deli pizza?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X