Self Awareness and judging the other side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Awareness and judging the other side

I took my adult son out mudding yesterday. We drove out to a very isolated part of the county. On the way home, he asked for Burger King, and I laughed. I stopped instead at a little dive I know. It was a camper in the 50's, but has been built on to with a huge screened in porch. they used a sawzall and cut out one wall to be able to pass food out.

So we got our burgers and sat down on the wooden picnic table to eat. That was when I began to overhear a guy talking politics.

He said that the conservatives are a bunch of sheep that will believe anything they are told without doing any fact checking.
    He said that our current economic woes are due to long reaching fallout of Reagonomics.
    He said that right wingers are only following their leadership because they are telling them what they want to hear.
    He said that we are too lazy to go out and change our circumstance through hard work. (he meant protesting and such)

I could go on, but if you isolate the type of person he was describing, it fit so very perfectly with how I hear people saying about democrats and liberals.

My point is that from where he was sitting, he saw the same flaws in conservatives that they see in him and his liberal friends.

Additionally, I will add about the idea of being "represented" by voting.

I have traditionally voted as a Republican. But I always vote the person I think is best for the job and best represents my own ideals and wishes. Many times that has been the Republican, but not always.

But if the party has a "brokered" convention where the money men get to pick the nominee I will not support them.

I have said repeatedly, and I will say this again............

There is no difference between Republicans and Democrats anymore. We are being farmed like livestock. We are given an illusion of choice, but either side leads only to serving a ruling class master.
    Let’s Go Brandon!!!!!

"L E X - T A L I O N I S"

Comment

And this is one of the many reasons I advocate secession.
      https://csagovernment.org/index.html

http://deovindice.org/

http://dixienet.org/

http://leagueofthesouth.com/

Comment

~" If you suck ass long enough, pretty soon you start choking on shit."~

Comment

Segregation is what keeps the Rep and Dem parties in the power share they have been in since the 1850s. They're not stupid.

I will never insult a progressive/liberal ideology open to healthy discussion to meet a middle ground. But each party fear mongers their audience and has us common folk fighting each other while they play golf together and laugh their well-funded asses off.

The disjunction is not between voter choice as they would have you believe, but the politician who listens more to his political party and special interest groups than the citizens he was duly appointed to represent.

Inner city african americans blame whites, much like conservatives blame progressives. We all need to take a hard look at our representatives and realize the problem is not between the we the people, but those who serve their own interests without accountability from we the people

Thus an interesting document was written due to taxation without representation

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
          Textually Active

Comment

You're sort of doing what we did in nz, about 10 yrs or more behind. Get a left wing party who make all this social change that you hate - then the next step is to go back to conservative and have them arse ream you without a condom. You come away bruised, bewildered, not having realised there was anything worse than mere rape till your trusted conservative government pulled out the ten inch studded dildo. They were the uncle you trusted, when you escaped the bad bad left wing government. They were the arms you ran into for safety.

After that you just mill around, confused, not knowing where to turn. Votes? What are they? Licences to be arse reamed is what they are.

Party politics is a fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayaca View Post
              I took my adult son out mudding yesterday. We drove out to a very isolated part of the county. On the way home, he asked for Burger King, and I laughed. I stopped instead at a little dive I know. It was a camper in the 50's, but has been built on to with a huge screened in porch. they used a sawzall and cut out one wall to be able to pass food out.

So we got our burgers and sat down on the wooden picnic table to eat. That was when I began to overhear a guy talking politics.

He said that the conservatives are a bunch of sheep that will believe anything they are told without doing any fact checking.
              He said that our current economic woes are due to long reaching fallout of Reagonomics.
              He said that right wingers are only following their leadership because they are telling them what they want to hear.
              He said that we are too lazy to go out and change our circumstance through hard work. (he meant protesting and such)

I could go on, but if you isolate the type of person he was describing, it fit so very perfectly with how I hear people saying about democrats and liberals.

My point is that from where he was sitting, he saw the same flaws in conservatives that they see in him and his liberal friends.

Additionally, I will add about the idea of being "represented" by voting.

I have traditionally voted as a Republican. But I always vote the person I think is best for the job and best represents my own ideals and wishes. Many times that has been the Republican, but not always.

But if the party has a "brokered" convention where the money men get to pick the nominee I will not support them.

I have said repeatedly, and I will say this again............

There is no difference between Republicans and Democrats anymore. We are being farmed like livestock. We are given an illusion of choice, but either side leads only to serving a ruling class master.
              Well said.

I agree.

Its long past time we cause this Velvet Revolution we are having to transform into a real revolution.
              A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...db54dcd316.jpg

Comment

The problem with the Right is they may have great ideas, but it's overshadowed by religious zealotry and other wacky topics that scare anyone trying to cross the aisle. I traditionally vote democrat, but I always try to consider other points of view. I'm sure if happens the other way around too. Liberals are memed just as much as conservatives.
                I
                -Admin

Comment

Originally posted by dudeman View Post
                  And this is one of the many reasons I advocate secession.
                  The only logical choice that I see is states rights if we are to remain one nation because everyone wants what they want and so many want others to pay for it. The calls for the nation to help with the lead tainted water supply in Michigan is just one more example of Democrats bankrupting what the hard working have built.

Every time I hear that if the national govt funds something that we must obey the laws and regulations of the nation I get mad and yell at the tv that the national govt doesn't fund shit, we do. The national govt can stop taxing us and let the states collect the same dollars and our own state can use those dollars as the citizens of that state please.

Each state should run their own affairs and the citizens of that state decide what programs they will fund and to pay for them out of their own state budget. If the state you live in doesn't do things they way you like then move to the state that most closely resembles your vision of perfection and try not to mess it up when you get there.

Last edited by Woods Devil; 03-09-2016, 08:26 AM.

Comment

I agree, if the money men pick the nominee I will not vote either.

I am traditionally republican because I believe in a strong military first. But most of my views are liberal. I'm not nearly as uptight as the average republican.

I'm not voting Donald, but if the majority of people want him, he should win. I have a feeling we are going to witness some dirty tricks here soon by the people behind the scenes.

The people are going to freak the fuck out.

The fortune teller that lives in the cave says that Obama is the last American president. War is coming.

Comment

A little something for the redistributionists among us.

Comment

I'm fiscally conservative and socially horny

Comment

Originally posted by Woods Devil View Post
                          I'm fiscally conservative and socially horny
                          I went a whole hour without being called a fag over that post. You people are slipping.

Comment

fag
                            ~" If you suck ass long enough, pretty soon you start choking on shit."~

Comment

Originally posted by Woods Devil View Post

You people.

Racist fag.
                              Let’s Go Brandon!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X