Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heroin Epidemic:

Brought to you by the US government.

Basically, Taliban had eradicated the Opium fields by June, 2001 but soon after we ran Taliban out, the poppy production started back. We supposedly fight a "war on drugs" in our own country, but allow it to be brought over from Afghanistan? There is no other explanation given the fact that the Afghans don't have the planes or ships available to bring it into the US. IMHO, the Billions and Trillions of dollars made in Opium was the real reason for our invasion and occupation.

Taliban's Ban On Poppy A Success, U.S. Aides Say

By BARBARA CROSSETTE

Published: June 13, 2001

"UNITED NATIONS, June 12— The unexpected success of the Taliban in Afghanistan in eradicating three-quarters of the world's crop of opium poppies in one season is leading experts to ask where production is likely to spring up next."

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/06/13/wo...um-market.html

A NATION CHALLENGED: DRUG TRADE; With Taliban Gone, Opium Farmers Return to Their Only ash Crop

By TIM WEINER

Published: November 26, 2001

KHERABAD, Afghanistan, Nov. 25— Come spring, the poppies will be blooming in Afghanistan again.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/11/26/wo...heir-only.html

Last edited by Talon; 03-18-2016, 11:14 PM.
    "L E X - T A L I O N I S"

Comment

A picture that really brings it home.

Comment

Its finally reaching here. Heroine. People cant get pain pills since crackdown. Just turning to easier to get heroine.

I read reports back ten years ago how opium production started to rise after we showed up. Some say military would let farmers grow it, for exchange with cooperating with them. Its basically about the only crop i think they can grow. Its amazing how little they get for it:-)

Comment

The "spin" that they are expecting us to buy are that we help grow it to fight it.

Comment

"Record production" and they are blaming the Afghans!

Comment

Its easier to show footage of burning opium fields, if you let everyone grow it.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Some say. We went after taliban, which was a localized deal. Then let isis rise up, which is regonial. Another great mess we created somehow. Afgani people prefer isis. They pay more. Usually 700 to 800 a month. Big money there

Comment

A guy who was in my class (and subsequently dropped out of) in high school just died from a heroin overdose.

I've been musing over the idea for a while of this newset uptick and the resumption of production in Afghanistan. Wait until a report is uncovered of CIA sales of opium products like there was with cocaine in the 80's. MIC, Law and prison lobbies... plenty of people stand to gain yet again.
                        This sig didn't cost me any money.

Comment

A good video on the US .gov's smuggling operations.

Comment

Comment

https://www.corbettreport.com/exciti...urns-expected/

Comment

Working...
                              X