I'm good with global warming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm good with global warming

If you believe everything the climate scientitians say then we've saved the planet from becoming a giant frozen snowball.

They say all this carbon is bad, and heating things up. They also say without mankinds inadvertent contribution of CO2 we'd be headed into an ice age now. It's due. Okay... so we accidentally prevented an ice age? That's good, isn't it? An ice age would destroy modern civilization and kill almost everyone. Most of the world's farmland would be frozen, billions would starve. My nation would be buried under a vast glacier. Much of Europe and Asia too. That's not science fiction, that's the way things were just 20,000 years ago.

Ice ages aren't the natural state of the Earth, the natural state of the Earth is hot, with no ice caps. It's only in the last 2 million years that ice ages began. 2 million out of at least 2000 million years life has been on this planet. We (life) used up the carbon in the atmosphere and sequestered it. Life buried the carbon (oil, gas, coal, limestone). And the planet started to freeze.

We came along and stopped another freeze, maybe the permanent one. The planet was about to die before we came along. Oh bad us, tax me now please.
    ------------

And if Florida floods, it might finally wipe out those pesky Bigfeet.
    I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve28 View Post
      Ice ages aren't the natural state of the Earth, the natural state of the Earth is hot, with no ice caps. It's only in the last 2 million years that ice ages began. 2 million out of at least 2000 million years life has been on this planet.

I call bullshit. We got here naturally. We are part of nature. Ergo anything that we do or are a part of is "natural."

Except for Ice coffee. That is just stupid.
      Go Space Force!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayaca View Post

I second this sentiment.
        I don't know.

Comment

I call bullshit. We got here naturally. We are part of nature. Ergo anything that we do or are a part of is "natural."
          Of course we're natural, nature made us to fix the not enough carbon problem. We played our part well and the planet can now sustain life for another half billion years thanks to us. Glad we could help Mother Earth, Sister Ocean, Aunt Forest, Weird Uncle Swamp and whatnot.
          ------------

Comment

And I third it.

Comment

Originally posted by gamgee View Post
              And if Florida floods, it might finally wipe out those pesky Bigfeet.

and the Yankees...........
              "Virtute et armis"

Girls play with dolls. Men play with dead animals

https://www.uso.org

Islam is right about women

sde: Because it was trolling and by damn God, that's what we fucking do here. Always have, always will

#learn2code

Epstein didn't kill himself & neither did Qassem Soleimani

Eric Ciaramella is the whistle blower

Comment

Congrats Steve, you've reached the 3rd step of grief, Bargaining. Meanwhile have a look at this video.

-Admin

Comment

Sometimes I would like to punch Neil deGrasse Tyson in the throat with Bill Maher.

Comment

At the moment the sun is shining and rain is pouring... I blame Canada.

Comment

My first question is as always who is getting paid to say what.

Comment

Surprise, some glaciers are getting bigger.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...-glaciers.html

http://theweek.com/articles/476380/g...aciers-growing

Comment

One more video and I'm off to the garden center to pick out a nice tree or two for the back yard. I'm thinking deciduous trees, maybe oaks, one for the south east and one for the south west. I've been recycling and using energy efficient lighting since the 80s so you guys can't blame this on me.

I have a question about this video. Bill Nye says that volcanic ash in the atmosphere over the arctic has no effect at blocking solar radiation. Only volcanic eruptions in the tropics have an effect. But he has said that less arctic ice in the winter reflects less sun light.

There is little if any sunlight in the arctic in winter so the ice shouldn't be able to reflect what isn't there but the volcanic ash can be there in the summer when there is more sunlight.

It sounds to me like he is full of something and being paid to take his position.

Comment

The Inuit Elders have been saying that the Earth has shifted, wobbled or tilted toward the North. But of course the "scientific community" refused to listen.

Interesting read:
                            http://www.naturalnews.com/048906_Inuit_Elders_NASA_earth_axis.html

I am not sure I agree with their conclusion that the shift is caused by climate change caused by global warming.

Comment

Originally posted by Woods Devil View Post
                              One more video and I'm off to the garden center to pick out a nice tree or two for the back yard. I'm thinking deciduous trees, maybe oaks, one for the south east and one for the south west. I've been recycling and using energy efficient lighting since the 80s so you guys can't blame this on me.

I have a question about this video. Bill Nye says that volcanic ash in the atmosphere over the arctic has no effect at blocking solar radiation. Only volcanic eruptions in the tropics have an effect. But he has said that less arctic ice in the winter reflects less sun light.

There is little if any sunlight in the arctic in winter so the ice shouldn't be able to reflect what isn't there but the volcanic ash can be there in the summer when there is more sunlight.

It sounds to me like he is full of something and being paid to take his position.

fossil fuel industries are ensuring they can keep getting paid by spreading misinformation to make it seem like there's a debate to be had when there's not. a lot of these climate change denying politicians are forgetting one important thing, we live in the age of information. In 100 years people will be able to go back and see exactly what positions people held. There's videos of people saying all types of wacky shit and their families legacy hangs in the balance a lot more than it would have say 200 years ago. I think it's the same reason scientology is rejected while christianity is accepted, there's not youtube videos of Jesus talking a bunch of garbage in to a camera like there is of L. Ron.

But there will be a time that blame for a wrecked climate will be traced back to the mouths on capital hill and in the media.
                              -Admin

Comment

Working...
                              X