Steady diet of Dips &Pullups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steady diet of Dips &Pullups

I'm still recouping from my ankle surgery as a result I can't load my weight bars without putting to much weight on my ankle.

So, I super set dips with pullups. Nothing new to me but, wanted to share so people might want to consider.

My home gym has a dip/pullup station. However, I wanted to do these inside the house for convenience.

So, I ordered a door jam pullup bar and a portable dip stand by Black Mountain (nice and light weight).

These two body weight exercises are pretty awesome when combined. For pullups vary your grip (overhand, underhand & neutral) and by changing how you lean doing dips can vary the focus between chest and triceps.

I recommend doing a little everyday until you build up the reps. Then a three day a week workout is a good routine.

Stay Strong

I'm too old and fat for pullups but I'm off to the gym tonight though, 1st time in 3 weeks got a hunch I'll be feeling it later

Comment

No pain no gain lol

I set up the gym on my last two ships (free weights), takes some convincing with the COs. Anyway my last ship I named the gym "House of Pain".

Comment

I might do some pushups later, but first I'd like to take a nap.
        I don't know.

Comment

No pain no gain my arse, "no pain, sounds good to me"

Comment

I like dip with my potato chips.
            Let’s Go Brandon!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayaca View Post
              I like dip with my potato chips.
              And "pullup" to the table, covered both lol

Comment

I'm doing a bunch of 12 ounce curls as we speak.

Comment

Originally posted by piranha2 View Post
                  I'm doing a bunch of 12 ounce curls as we speak.
                  If you supinate your wrist on the way up you can work on a nice peak on your bicep. However, make sure you do the same reps for each side, balance and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by bowclan View Post

If you supinate your wrist on the way up you can work on a nice peak on your bicep. However, make sure you do the same reps for each side, balance and all that.
                    Does this rule any to masterbation too?

Comment

Originally posted by Smudge View Post

Does this rule any to masterbation too?
                      Yes, yes it does. My ole Pa use to say if your good enough you can switch hands and gain a stroke.

Comment

Working...
                      X