Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Canadian city is on fire

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    A Canadian city is on fire

    I've been watching this for the last day but figured the media was hyping things. Apparently not. Ft McMurray, Alberta is in the middle of a forest fire that's turned into a firestorm. The entire city has been evacuated, 88,000 people and the fire is out of control. 1600 structures (homes, businesses, schools etc.) have been destroyed so far and the fire is still out of control with conditions expected to worsen.

    I know Ft McMurray is a place none of you have heard of (except HH) but there isn't anyone in Canada who doesn't know it. It's the main base for people from across Canada, and the world, to come work in Alberta's oil patch which is third in size only to Saudi Arabia and Venezuela.

    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...ares-1.3566310

    ------------

    #2
    I hope they got everyone and all of their pets to safety.


    And I hope the firemen are able to work safely.

    Comment


      #3
      We lost a young fireman in NC this week.

      Please keep us updated, Steve.



      http://www.wxii12.com/news/Volunteer...blaze/39337500

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Woods Devil View Post
        We lost a young fireman in NC this week.

        Please keep us updated, Steve.



        http://www.wxii12.com/news/Volunteer...blaze/39337500
        Sorry to hear about that young man. Firefighters are a courageous bunch, willing to put their lives on the line for others. I remember when 19 firefighters were lost in Arizona a few years ago fighting a wildfire - that's true tragedy. So far in McMurray it's only property loss, and I hope it stays that way.
        ------------

        Comment


          #5
          The Granite Mountain Hotshots


          http://www.prescott-az.gov/services/fire/hotshots/

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Steve28 View Post
            I've been watching this for the last day but figured the media was hyping things. Apparently not. Ft McMurray, Alberta is in the middle of a forest fire that's turned into a firestorm. The entire city has been evacuated, 88,000 people and the fire is out of control. 1600 structures (homes, businesses, schools etc.) have been destroyed so far and the fire is still out of control with conditions expected to worsen.

            I know Ft McMurray is a place none of you have heard of (except HH) but there isn't anyone in Canada who doesn't know it. It's the main base for people from across Canada, and the world, to come work in Alberta's oil patch which is third in size only to Saudi Arabia and Venezuela.

            http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...ares-1.3566310

            twas thunkin about ya, hoping yew and yours twere safe.....
            "Virtute et armis"

            Girls play with dolls. Men play with dead animals

            https://www.uso.org

            Islam is right about women

            sde: Because it was trolling and by damn God, that's what we fucking do here. Always have, always will

            #learn2code

            Epstein didn't kill himself & neither did Qassem Soleimani

            Eric Ciaramella is the whistle blower

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by swampbilly View Post


              twas thunkin about ya, hoping yew and yours twere safe.....
              I don't live anywhere near there, it's just a helluva thing. It looks like all are safe, thank goodness, I just hope some have something left to come back to. It's not everyday a city gets wiped out.
              ------------

              Comment


                #8
                Cruz drops out, now this?


                Talon probably knows what's happening...
                This sig didn't cost me any money.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by duke nukem View Post
                  Cruz drops out, now this?
                  Makes sense. Cruz drops out and returns to the land of his birth and now the place is a raging inferno. He's an angry little demon.

                  ------------

                  Comment


                    #10
                    sad to hear brother, but cant yall just drop a glacier on it?
                    ~" If you suck ass long enough, pretty soon you start choking on shit."~

                    Comment


                      #11
                      This isn't going to hit anything important like America, is it?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Slats View Post
                        This isn't going to hit anything important like America, is it?
                        Gut laugh, and I needed one. Thanks!
                        ------------

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Steve28 View Post

                          Gut laugh, and I needed one. Thanks!
                          ​Had to, bro. LBC is so ingrained that it just slips out.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Slats View Post

                            ​Had to, bro. LBC is so ingrained that it just slips out.
                            I used that same shtick at the board most here come from to piss off Canadians over and over. It just never got old. You get the right Canadian and you can piss them right the fuck off. I worked phones for an American catalog clothing company some years back and every now and then a Canadian would call in. The company didn't deliver to Canada. I'd tell them we don't deliver to Canada because we're air and truck only, no dogsleds.
                            ------------

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Three more towns evacuated late this evening. Province wide state of emergency declared. This thing is huge.

                              Anzac, Gregoire Lake Estates and Fort McMurray First Nation forced to evacuate late Wednesday


                              ------------

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X