• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cops killed another black kid

Alton Sterling

https://twitter.com/antoniodelotero/...56084218257412

Video is kinda disturbing.
    -Name

What is the ratio anyway - 1 black guy killed by a cop for every 100 black guys killed by other black guys? It's something like that, right?
    ------------

Comment

That wasn't the video. I haven't seen the tapes other than a couple short clips. What I KNOW from the record that has already been published:

got a call of a man with a gun and other complaints

this guy was the one people were calling about (not "looked like", but the actual guy.)

He was ordered down several times.

when they tried to take him down he wrestled with them.

You hear on the tape one of the cops yelling "he has a gun, gun gun gun" or something to that effect.

Now........... I am not interested in clearing the cops without a full investigation, but in the circumstances I just listed, I would shoot the guy whether he was black, green, yellow, orange, or white.

Cops do scary shit. when they go on a call of a "man with a gun", they are amped and on alert. If it turns out there was no gun, the only cop I have issue with is the one screaming that he did. The others did what they should have and protected themselves and each other..........

I am sure we will see a bunch of rioting from people who never met this dude, but are convinced he was a angel wrongly murdered.............
      Go Space Force!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve28 View Post
        What is the ratio anyway - 1 black guy killed by a cop for every 100 black guys killed by other black guys? It's something like that, right?
        I can't remember, but I think when I saw the clips that some of the cops that did the shooting were black.
        Go Space Force!!!

Comment

You can't really see what's happening down there. I'm sure starting the video at that point was to hide the reason the cops jumped him. I heard he was armed. I can't tell if he was holding it or reaching for it. From that viewpoint it looks bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve28 View Post
            I don't know. I haven't spent any time looking that sort of stuff up because I don't have a deep seeded racist feelings to justify.
            -Name

Comment

Originally posted by Name View Post

I don't know. I haven't spent any time looking that sort of stuff up because I don't have a deep seeded racist feelings to justify.
              I just decided to look it up and apparently it's 40:1, not 100:1. And it's BLM saying it's racism and then burning cities down for the 1 while ignoring the 40. I think the community has much bigger problems than the police, but I guess it's racist to point that out.
              ------------

Comment

Just another 39 million and the streets of the US should be much safer.

Comment

I feel like if I was a cop I'd just try to be cool with everyone. I could have talked to that dude, been effective and not kill him.
                  -Name

Comment

I don't know, I feel like if I was a cop I'd just try to be cool with everyone. I could have talked to that dude, been effective and not kill him.
                    He'd pistol whip your ass and make you pee yourself.

Comment

The talking heads are already repeating the quotes from friends and family(those who wish to profit from this) that he was a gentle giant and an all around sweet guy. I wonder if the juvenile who he sexually assaulted feels that way about him.

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderd...AgencyID=54450

Comment

I feel like if I was a cop I'd just try to be cool with everyone. I could have talked to that dude, been effective and not kill him.
                        123 officers were killed in the line of duty last year, they have cause to be cautious.

http://www.nleomf.org/facts/officer-...data/year.html

Admittedly, the numbers were considerably higher in the past but that's probably when they were trying to be cool with everyone.

------------

Comment

Originally posted by Unclefred View Post

He'd pistol whip your ass and make you pee yourself.
                          You think so? I think just being in uniform and not trying to intimidate people would go pretty far. People willing to point blank assault or murder a police officer is pretty low I bet. I feel like their job requires a higher level of risk. They should all wear cameras too. I didn't elect them, they're just some fucking guy (or chick) that decided they wanted to be a cop, thats it.

-Name

Comment

I agree. Carry some chewing gum. When he refuses to get on the ground, or ignores you, ask him if he wants some juicy fruit. After you break the ice, I am sure he will comply immediately....
                            Go Space Force!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayaca View Post

I agree. Carry some chewing gum. When he refuses to get on the ground, or ignores you, ask him if he wants some juicy fruit. After you break the ice, I am sure he will comply immediately....
                              Sometimes I can't tell if you're conservative or stupid. I bet if a cop knocked on your door and asked to have a look around you'd say, "Come on in!" I'll tell a cop to go fuck himself off my property unless he needs to arrest me.
                              -Name

Comment

Working...
                              X